Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: One shot. One kill. *graphic image*

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    Isn't he a presenter on match of the day
    what the fuck is match of the day??
    It's a dating thing.

Kind of like the BBC version of Blind Date, only a bit more tasteful.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yup. I'm a black fella that grew up in the inner city that never really gave a second thought to hunting and thought nothing negative about Skizo's pics.

Not a big deal unless one wants to make special effort at being a dick.

edit: See almost that entire thread as examples. It's not just a differing of opinion. It's an attack.

This is a distillation which captures the essence of the thread.

The picture was there for all to see (and a warning given), the culture defined the response.

If hunting is barbaric, that is one thing. Though the deers in Texas are intentionally killed to thin the herd, as they have almost no natural predators left, and will starve otherwise.

If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt.

We should really call it what it was, people attacking another because that is what they enjoy.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Hunting is not barbaric, to hunt to eat is a natural thing to do. Hunting for sport is barbaric.

Posting a picture of the decapitated animal is in poor taste. Taste is obviously a cultural thing.

"If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt."

That is how some cultures kill their meat, who are you to comment on it.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The first post in that thread (Skizo's) was a troll post. He posted the picture partly to garner a reaction so that then he could act all offended at people who were mocking his "culture". He couldn't possibly be so dense as to think that the Lounge would want to see a picture of a decapitated animal he claims to have murdered.

People shouldn't really feed the trolls, but when they are as incompetent as Skizo it is kind of funny.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Posting a picture of the decapitated animal is in poor taste. Taste is obviously a cultural thing.

"If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt."

Exactly

Something you are not appreciative of.

The latter point defines "barbaric". Skizo used what was available to him, a gun. The deer died almost instantly.

To be barbaric is to use primitive means, which conveys un-necessary pain and a prolonged experience, when better methods are available.

Let us not continue to play a stupid game.

Skizo was attacked, attacked by people who enjoy taking or pretending to take offense.

Bottom line, some people are looking for an excuse to take the pish out of someone.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

Exactly

The latter point defines "barbaric". Skizo used what was available to him, a gun. The deer died almost instantly.

To be barbaric is to use primitive means, which conveys un-necessary pain and a prolonged experience, when better methods are available.

Skizo was attacked, attacked by people who enjoy taking or pretending to take offense.

Bottom line, some people are looking for an excuse to take the pish out of someone.
    Stop being obtuse, how many times do I have to say this, I have no objection to hunting if it's done properly, I'm not that hypocritical. I've said that repeatedly in this thread and in the other.

It's taking photographs of the decapitated animal and posting them on a filesharing website. I see absolutely no reason or excuse for it, it's simply using the corpse as a trophy to try to look like a big man. For me it does exactly the opposite, it makes the person look like a twat.

Just because you do not find such things offensive does not mean that others don't either.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    The first post in that thread (Skizo's) was a troll post. He posted the picture partly to garner a reaction so that then he could act all offended at people who were mocking his "culture". He couldn't possibly be so dense as to think that the Lounge would want to see a picture of a decapitated animal he claims to have murdered.

People shouldn't really feed the trolls, but when they are as incompetent as Skizo it is kind of funny.
    This is great example of culture.

Most people I work with would want to talk about the attributes of the deer he killed.

A picture would be obligate.

People in the lounge seem to think people give a shit about Jpauls soccer scores which should be in sportsworld.

People excited about something dear to them tend to get all crazy and post wherever they see fit.

I don't ever get at him about this, I just ignore the thread.

If you don't want to see a dead deer, don't look at the thread, you were friggin warned.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

People in the lounge seem to think people give a shit about Jpauls soccer scores which should be in sportsworld.
    If I want to discuss football seriously I do it in sportsworld. If I want to fanny about I do it in the lounge. As does everybody, with every subject, including you.

9. Lounge   -   #29

Exactly

Stop being obtuse, how many times do I have to say this, I have no objection to hunting if it's done properly, I'm not that hypocritical. I've said that repeatedly in this thread and in the other.

It's taking photographs of the decapitated animal and posting them on a filesharing website. I see absolutely no reason or excuse for it, it's simply using the corpse as a trophy to try to look like a big man. For me it does exactly the opposite, it makes the person look like a twat.

Just because you do not find such things offensive does not mean that others don't either.
    My point was that "offense" is cultural.

You think that he wants to look like the "big man", my take is that he wants to say, "I finally got one, after years of trying, or weekends of sitting motionless in a blind".

You don't want to see the deer, then don't look at the thread. You were warned.

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

10. Lounge   -   #30

If I want to discuss football seriously I do it in sportsworld. If I want to fanny about I do it in the lounge. As does everybody, with every subject, including you.
    Sure Jp, but you never, ever, never ever see me taking the pish at you. I understand that emotion is a human trait, and sometimes you may post in the wrong forum.

That is fine with me, but I do not feel inclined to post in a thread which has no interest to me, just to be an arse.

Maybe you could do the same.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast