Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: One shot. One kill. *graphic image*

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Stop being obtuse, how many times do I have to say this, I have no objection to hunting if it's done properly, I'm not that hypocritical. I've said that repeatedly in this thread and in the other.

It's taking photographs of the decapitated animal and posting them on a filesharing website. I see absolutely no reason or excuse for it, it's simply using the corpse as a trophy to try to look like a big man. For me it does exactly the opposite, it makes the person look like a twat.

Just because you do not find such things offensive does not mean that others don't either.
    My point was that "offense" is cultural.

You think that he wants to look like the "big man", my take is that he wants to say, "I finally got one, after years of trying, or weekends of sitting motionless in a blind".

You don't want to see the deer, then don't look at the thread. You were warned.

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

So if we find something offensive we ignore it, rather than saying "you, Sir are out of order". That's not the way we do it where I come from. I'm surprised it's your (hobbes) way.

That is an enormous cultural difference.

Re your other "point" on why people are doing it, perhaps that would have been your motivation, it wasn't mine. I think you are possibly judging others by your own standards.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    If I want to discuss football seriously I do it in sportsworld. If I want to fanny about I do it in the lounge. As does everybody, with every subject, including you.
    Sure Jp, but you never, ever, never ever see me taking the pish at you. I understand that emotion is a human trait, and sometimes you may post in the wrong forum.

That is fine with me, but I do not feel inclined to post in a thread which has no interest to me, just to be an arse.
    Do you honestly find me posting about football to be offensive, really.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The guy was trolling. I doubt it is even his own picture.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    The guy was trolling. I doubt it is even his own picture.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

You think that he wants to look like the "big man", my take is that he wants to say, "I finally got one, after years of trying, or weekends of sitting motionless in a blind".

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than thatI guess folks posting their big fish catches are barbaric too.
    If you catch a swordfish don't post it unless you are a trolling barbarian.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-01-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #36

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

So if we find something offensive we ignore it, rather than saying "you, Sir are out of order". That's not the way we do it where I come from. I'm surprised it's your (hobbes) way.

Re your other "point" on why people are doing it, perhaps that would have been your motivation, it wasn't mine. I think you are possibly judging others by your own standards.
    The point is that viewing everything as your culture does is myopic.

There are constructive and destructive ways to deal with different perspectives or experiences.

It doesn't take a genius to see that people were just taking the pish because they thought that was clever or funny. No attempt was made to explain that such an image, despite the warning, was distressing to people, not from Texas.

No, just overt antagonist and a pile on mentality.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I guess folks posting their big fish catches are barbaric too.

If you catch a swordfish don't post it unless you are a trolling barbarian.
    I don't fish.

8. Lounge   -   #38

Sure Jp, but you never, ever, never ever see me taking the pish at you. I understand that emotion is a human trait, and sometimes you may post in the wrong forum.

That is fine with me, but I do not feel inclined to post in a thread which has no interest to me, just to be an arse.
    Do you honestly find me posting about football to be offensive, really.
    You post something that ellicits an emotion from you, so does Skizo.

Culturally his posting is not offensive.

Only if you think that your world view defines the absolute do you need to be an arse in return.

I never, ever disrespect soccer, though almost all Americam threads about baseball or football are molested.

Why is that, you think?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    There are constructive and destructive ways to deal with different perspectives or experiences.

It doesn't take a genius to see that people were just taking the pish because they thought that was clever or funny. No attempt was made to explain that such an image, despite the warning, was distressing to people, not from Texas.

Make up your mind, a few minutes ago people should have ignored it.

Like I said if that's your way, carry on. It's not mine.

10. Lounge   -   #40

Make up your mind, a few minutes ago people should have ignored it.

Like I said if that's your way, carry on. It's not mine.
    Well, you were just being ignorant, which we have all seen.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast