Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: One shot. One kill. *graphic image*

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Went hunting again Friday morning and snagged this tubby Texan on his way to the local burger establishment. I forgot to take the pic before dressing the guy though.

Four quarter pounders and two back strip fillets = $45.15 dollars of meat

I'm too much of a girl to process it my self though' I think I'll take it to a real man for that...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Was this person killed with one of your guns or a shurkin star

3. Lounge   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Consider it a mercy killing.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Serve him right

Lightly grilled with a touch of parmesan.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    What's really fun is to cast a barbed hook into a deers mouth, then drag it to and fro through the field while it attempts to run in the opposite direction despite being impaled through the lip, cheek, or eye.

Once you got that fellar all tuckered out, you reel him in. He's completely freaked out and breathless. Then I dunk his head under water while I admire it and yank the hook out of it's mouth. I hate it when it gets all stuck like.

Then when the thing basically suffocates, I pull his head out of the water, give it a kiss and let him go. Just playin' wit ya little deer. You go frolic and be merry.

Oh wait, that's fishing, now that's some barbaric shit right there. I guess it's like your own little pointless torture session.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Do you have a point, hobbes, or have you completely missed why Skizo got the pish ripped out of him.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    What's really fun is to cast a barbed hook into a deers mouth, then drag it to and fro through the field while it attempts to run in the opposite direction despite being impaled through the lip, cheek, or eye.

Once you got that fellar all tuckered out, you reel him in. He's completely freaked out and breathless. Then I dunk his head under water while I admire it and yank the hook out of it's mouth. I hate it when it gets all stuck like.

Then when the thing basically suffocates, I pull his head out of the water, give it a kiss and let him go. Just playin' wit ya little deer. You go frolic and be merry.

Oh wait, that's fishing, now that's some barbaric shit right there. I guess it's like your own little pointless torture session.
    No, you fish in water and you try to catch fish, not mammals.

At least so I am told, I've never done it. I suspect neither have you, given your obvious lack of understanding.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    deep fry it.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Do you have a point, hobbes, or have you completely missed why Skizo got the pish ripped out of him.
    I live in Texas and it is filled with people reared in families with hunting traditions. These people are not simply red-necks, but bankers, doctors, lawyers and the like. They really get excited about all the different hunting seasons, like you might get excited about upcoming sporting events.

Hunting is highly regulated, with strict rules and strict enforcement, so it is not like some free-for-all shooting fish in a barrel mayhem. A successful hunt is not common, in fact, a kill is "big deal" stuff down here in Texas and it might make someone post something out of excitement. Unlike soccer in which a goal is rare but you know that someone will eventually score, in hunting sometimes you don't even a single shot on goal.

My take was that his post was his excitement overflowing onto the forum, like a fisherman holding his trophy bass. I don't look at the picture so cynically as I am immersed in a culture of people who would be excited to see his picture and talk about their experiences.

If I had to bet, I would imagine that Skizo is wondering why such a positive event in his mind has become such as negative thing.

His picture is rather status quo down here, and something I can't fathom, but I did not grow up hunting since the age of 4 like many have.

It is like your passion for soccer, you can't explain it to me and expect me to embrace it in the same way you do. It is part of how you were brought up and who you are.

We may look at the same picture and have completely different responses to it based on our upbringing. We may also suspect the poster of that picture as having different motivations in posting it.

You might think he wanted to wax his phallus, I might think he was just excited.

When I see a fishing show I can see the genuine excitement on the fishermans face, but all I see is that fish suffocating on a hook as it is admired for it's colors. I think of how I would feel if after running a hundred yard dash I was held underwater. Then he sticks it back it the water and it just kind of floats off camera.

Sometimes we may do things that others, raised differently view as barbaric and we don't even give it a second thought.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Exactly, he's a redneck who wanted to brag and show pictures of the animal he shot. The fact that it's his culture doesn't change anything.

I think that cutting a person's hand off as a punishment for stealing is barbaric. That fact that it is someone else's culture doesn't change my opinion.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast