Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost to go to the Theater?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    £5.00 with student discount. I take my own beer and pork scratchings in to save money.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    I don't know if you guys have ever noticed this, but they put something in their fountain drinks. Not only is it diluted but they put something in it....dont' know what though. oh and here in vancouver tickets are about 10 bucks canadian, 4.50-5.00 for a medium drink

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    I don't know if you guys have ever noticed this, but they put something in their fountain drinks. Not only is it diluted but they put something in it....dont' know what though. oh and here in vancouver tickets are about 10 bucks canadian, 4.50-5.00 for a medium drink
    it's made up from a syrup. that's why it tastes different

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Orange wednesdays FTW!1!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This is what I do....

1. I go to www.movietickets.com or www.fandango.com and buy, if it's a R rated movie, 1 adult and the rest children's tickets. We then split the overall cost. If its G, PG, or PG-13, I buy all children's tickets.

If going to the box office to buy the tickets (which is rare), I buy 1 adult and the rest children's tickets always. They can see you aren't a kid when you buy.

2. Get a Movie Watcher card for AMC Theaters (www.movietickets.com). When you order your tickets online, you don't get the $1 service fee per ticket and when they print out at the theater kiosk or box office you get coupons for free stuff like popcorn, candy, soda, etc.

3. Buy some of the refreshments beforehand. If you want Goobers, Kit Kats, or even a sandwich, bring it in with you in your pocket. It's not like they check for it and pat you down. Now that I think of it, you could even bring can sodas although I've never done it.

4. Many theaters don't watch you leave at the end of the movie so movie hop if you have the time and the alertness to stay awake for another movie. Me and my gf saw Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (nice movie ) then Aeon Flux (piece o shit ) with ease recently. Just make sure the start/end times match up mostly. Movie hopping is super easy at the mega theaters with 20 or more screens which we have plenty of around here.

Funny thing is when I worked at the movie theater as a teenager, the free movie novelty wore off rather quickly. It was cool for the "bang a new chick after seeing a new movie" night but ultimately it felt like I was 'going to work' on my time off.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-02-2006 at 06:32 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Bus boy = Scottish.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Bus boy = Scottish.
    Are you saying all Scots are liars and thieves.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Sorry.

Anyone going to that much trouble to save $2 (seven pence) must have Scottish descent.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Sorry.

Anyone going to that much trouble to save $2 (seven pence) must have Scottish descent.
    Oh right, understood.

Indeed, do you think he ever works out that he has to factor his time into any "saving".

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Sorry.

Oh I save much more than that.

How is it that much trouble to.....

1. Buy my tickets beforehand and pick the up at a kiosk vs. standing in line. Actually with fandango, I print my tickets at home.

2. Click 1 adult and 1 child vs 2 adults (or say it).

3. Get free popcorn, etc. vs. pulling out money to pay for it.

4. Buy extra refreshments while grocery shopping vs. standing in the concession line to pay more for it.

It's more trouble to NOT do that stuff.

Are deer hunti...er fishing again?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast