Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: deer hunting (graphic image)

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    It's surprisingly easy with a shotgun, I just bought this the other day to play while stoned

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    well I find it offensive
    Well ignore it.
    I can't, it's my culture

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Let's just get this impending picture out of the way, we all know someone will eventually post it, so let's get her dun.

It's a graph, get it.

Jeff Foxworthy worthy?

If you cannot access your electrical outlets because of antlers, you might be a redneck.
    seems kinda silly. how hard can it be to shoot a deer. it's like me hanging coke cans on the wall.

But he does it with a bow, your cans probably don't die slowly.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo

bigotted, racist, uncultured nazi
    It's OK, it's my culture.

I was thinking that the board should establish a system to protect the tender psyche's of our beloved community. A group of individuals called "moderators" could be selected that would, in conjunction with the board administrators, create a list of forum rules.

The Moderators would then be given the power to enforce these rules at their discretion.

If forum members found something offensive, they then could report this to moderators who would then take action. This would eliminate vigilante justice and outright hissy fits and establish a protocol for "crisis" situations.

In addition Vidcc should create an interactive online sensitivity training module which would be mandatory. It would consist of real-life scenarios, various pictures, and descriptions of bodily functions. One would have to correctly identify something as offensive (aka a no-no) or not. A "care-bear" score of greater than 98 would be necessary to activate your account.

It's just a thought. I've got to go out now and turn some magazines around.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-04-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    It's OK, it's my culture.

I was thinking that the board should establish a system to protect the tender psyche's of our beloved community. A group of individuals called "moderators" could be selected that would, in conjunction with the board administrators, create a list of forum rules.

The Moderators would then be given the power to enforce these rules at their discretion.

If forum members found something offensive, they then could report this to moderators who would then take action. This would eliminate vigilante justice and outright hissy fits and establish a protocol for "crisis" situations.

No need mate, if you find something offensive just ignore it.

That way anyone can post anything they want.

Just the ticket, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thankfully you were there to show us the way.

7. Lounge   -   #27

Just the ticket, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thankfully you were there to show us the way.
    I can't imagine being offended by the word title one shot, one kill, which was accompanied by a warning.

I assume I am going to see something dead, so it is a no-clickey. I don't barge right in looking to take offense. Did you really want to see a dead deer? I ignored the thread, not my cup of tea.

If you do enter, wanting to see his dead deer, and you get shocked at what he posted, send him a PM or more properly report it.

We can't have the whole forum go into a 4 alarm panty bunch, everytime some has their "offense" button tripped.

I mean if the magazine store says XXX hot chicks, I don't enter. But certainly a lot of people might take the opposite approach.

There was nothing offensive, racist or descriminatory in the thread title. People ventured forth at their own risk. The result was that many were surprised but most were not offended.

8. Lounge   -   #28

I can't imagine being offended by the word title one shot, one kill, which was accompanied by a warning.

I assume I am going to see something dead, so it is a no-clickey. I don't barge right in looking to take offense. Did you really want to see a dead deer? I ignored the thread, not my cup of tea.

If you do enter, wanting to see his dead deer, and you get shocked at what he posted, send him a PM or more properly report it.

We can't have the whole forum go into a 4 alarm panty bunch, everytime some has their "offense" button tripped.

I mean if the magazine store says XXX hot chicks, I don't enter. But certainly a lot of people might take the opposite approach.

There was nothing offensive, racist or descriminatory in the thread title. People ventured forth at their own risk. The result was that many were surprised but most were not offended.

So it's OK to post what you want as long as you warn people, then they can choose not to view it.

Excellent, I love this brave new World you propose.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    [QUOTE=JPaul]
    So it's OK to post what you want as long as you warn people, then they can choose not to view it.

Excellent, I love this brave new World you propose.

As long as they are within the stated forum rules, obviousmente.

You want to post here, stay within the rules.

4. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum.
    How we define "offensive" is really rather a personal thing.

The key is "meant to offend or hurt". It defines an intent by the poster.

I think the warning given by Skizo says just the opposite.

"Some of you might think this is gross, just letting you know".

This of course is completely different than saying- One shot, one kill-stupid Jew-graphic picture.

I think Skizo realized that some might not want to see a dead deer, so he gave a warning.

No need for such fireworks because he misjudged your personal sensitivity button. Overall the forum was not so "offended". All posts, like all magazine covers will offend a certain percentage.

Maybe the rules should state that no one should excede your threshold of offense. In addition, there are some topics, like abortion, that people may find offensive and want removed from the board. We, in a board devoted to discussion, sometimes we have to be tolerant and accept that things discussed may not meet your approval, but you certainly wouldn't want your thread cut off because someone decided that "soccer" was offensive.

We don't need people thrashing around and disrupting discussion they don't like. It is a shared forum and somethings we just have to tolerate. Unless you own your own forum and make up rules as you go. Can't think of any offhand.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Yeah, you base your decisions on FST rules. I shall henceforth do likewise.

No wait, I won't. I shall say what I want and object when I think someone is out of order. Yes, that seems like a better idea.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast