Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: deer hunting (graphic image)

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Yeah, you base your decisions on FST rules. I shall henceforth do likewise.

No wait, I won't. I shall say what I want and object when I think someone is out of order. Yes, that seems like a better idea.
    I didn't see that coming.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Good god, hobbes. I'd have about three posts if I took rule four at its apparent meaning.

Those two sentence above could, conceivably, cause you offence because I'm being sarcastic.

We don't have active mods who enforce even a faint semblance of the general forum rules. At least not in the lounge.

Things seem to be going okay with the current self regulation - a group of people talking about whatever they want. We haven't had a hissy fit since Yogi left.

Which is actually a bad thing because it was teh funny.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Yeah, you base your decisions on FST rules. I shall henceforth do likewise.

No wait, I won't. I shall say what I want and object when I think someone is out of order. Yes, that seems like a better idea.
    I didn't see that coming.
    If you had presumably you would have avoided wasting so much time on the trite diatribe.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Good god, hobbes. I'd have about three posts if I took rule four at its apparent meaning.

Those two sentence above could, conceivably, cause you offence because I'm being sarcastic.

We don't have active mods who enforce even a faint semblance of the general forum rules. At least not in the lounge.

Things seem to be going okay with the current self regulation - a group of people talking about whatever they want. We haven't had a hissy fit since Yogi left.

Yes, but I think it was honestly hurtful to Yogi, the real Yogi, not the forum Yogi and that is not funny.

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    not the forum Yogi, that is not funny
    agreed

6. Lounge   -   #36

Yes, but I think it was honestly hurtful to Yogi, the real Yogi, not the forum Yogi and that is not funny.

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.

He came back, how feckin' hurt do you think he was. He was the one who said he had new, better chums when he "left forever".

Oh, maybe this forum is so vital to him that he is willing to put up with people thinking he is a sad, puerile wastrel.

If so, that's his choice, not yours.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I feel pretty sad that we made a 46 year old man cry.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I feel pretty sad that we made a 46 year old mancry.
    I changed your post to suggest that the Welsh lad was your middle aged, Frankenstinian, poove creation.

I trust you don't mind.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi

Quite possibly, I have caused other members to feel upset too. In fact, I think it likely.

Some people choose to post about their personal situations and invite comments, others do not. If you're the type of person in the former group and one of the opinions hurts you, then perhaps put it down to it being part of growing up and not bother again.

None of my comments are made with the intention to hurt someone's feelings - that doesn't give me any pleasure - but trying to temper any comments I make to be absolutely sure that it doesn't happen is impossible.

I will, however, continue to use a modicum of discretion.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    I, on the other hand, aim to wound.

It's a larf.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast