Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloading The Fast Way

t_le_fou
    related question:

Do you need to leave the search results in the search window if you want your dl speeds to stay high or are all sources (even the ones that don't work at that moment) stored in this .dat file?

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    I dont think leaving the search results would affect the speed of the file downloading. It couldn't hurt to try though. Try changing the Incoming port number on Kazaa Lite Opitions. Just make up some number...like 1423 or 1524 for example...Good Luck

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    does this mean when i start my download, i click the search for more button and then more sources will automatically added in my traffic? that's it?

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    great trick but i only have 8 users max is it ok to increase the max users in options from 8 to what ever ?????????????????

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by clik a saurus@19 June 2003 - 15:27
    great trick but i only have 8 users max is it ok to increase the max users in options from 8 to what ever ?????????????????
    You can increase the value.

I recommend to not use a value above 20. Because the higher the value, the more internal memory will be consumed by Kazaa Lite.

I have it on 12 myself.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    thanks paul i will set it to 12.......top man.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    OMG, the ASM lit a fire up under all of my downloads!! From 5k/b to 66k/b!!!!!
    Paul, you are the best man!!!

This is how my life should be!

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Hey guys, maybe this is already posted somewhere else, or maybe it only worked for me, but this is how i boosted my speeds. First off was to read Paul's tip (nice). The second thing was to increase my upload bandwidth to unlimited. My max speeds hit roof. I was able to maintain an average of 50-60 kb/s with pauls trick, but after sharing unlimited i bump 300 kb/s plus. Thx for the tips and sharing everyone.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    just to get this straight, your saying that if i have a file downloading and i want more sources for that download, i can go to the search field and search for the same file im already downloading, and it will affect the # of sources for the download i already have in progress??? I had no idea that searching in the search field had anything to do with the sources im using to download from. i thought the only time the search field was useful was when you first started downloading/looking for a file.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    It seem that it work for many people. Well this work with dail-up?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast