bobcat6602
    WHAT IS SPEED UP???

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    pourleplaisir
    Great Tip, Thanks

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    papaya
    Originally posted by jeff369@13 November 2003 - 17:00
    I also tried the suggested search method and my downloads are still not getting above 5kbs. Are there any other settings that might be effecting the download speed?
    I have had the same experience.

I've also tried using Supernodes, locating the nearest one, etc.

Nothing fast or even improved happening here...in fact the file I'm downloading now is coming in at 0.39 kb/s!

Any tips would be appreciated...could it have to do with something else, Zone Alarm, lack of hard drive space, anything?

Changed my port, to 2464, no improvement.

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    TIp I figured out a while ago...

After you impement the first tip mentioned by Paul, and started the dwnload...
    try this..
    Set you Autosearch for a really high time... 45 min..(currently experimenting with 300 min.,. for kicks)

works.. Why?
    cause if you keep searching for too long.. then you get kicked off a supernode, and log into another one.
    so.. instead of looking for new superodes, just let kazaa kick you from one to another.
    You can still dwnload from a guy on a node you've been kicked off(I think... someone please verify)

P.S: I haven't read beyond the first page in this topic,.. and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one... but. what i can say.. That as far as I recall, I figured this out myself a while ago, (ask Musleman, 3months ago,,approx) So, when I die I will list this as one of my great discoveries for the free world.

P.S.S: I havben't been in this forum for 3 months.. so.. I missed a lot.
    P.S.S.S: if someone figured it out before me,, don't tell me, let me die happy)

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    My ISP won't let me connect to Kazaa...
    Yet my file is downloading..
    And that too at pretty good speeds(for me)
    (Using Diet K firewall Booster,.. Kazaa is't connected.. but It dwnloads)

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    Hmmm...I tried paul's trick and its not working well...I get "More sources needed" or "Remotely queded"
    Whats going wrong...?

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    flinch67
    Hey, thanks for the advice. It really does work if you follow the steps properly. One thing that causes a problem, however, is people using extremely long file names, as the search window can only cope with a certain number of characters.

Thanks though!

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    thats another thing i was wondering - why is there a limit to search characters in the search box...??

tralalala

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    just leave auto serach on

10. File Sharing   -   #120
    Why when I'm downloading an AVI file that consists of two parts FROM THE SAME USER that the download rates are different. Sometimes quite a bit different.