Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Downloading The Fast Way

geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    Are you downloading one part right after the other or downloading both files at the same time ?

geothermal

2. File Sharing   -   #122
    hmmm ok i shall try this .. sounds interesting .. thanx fer the nfo m8

3. File Sharing   -   #123
    Poster
    That actually helps

4. File Sharing   -   #124
    Well, the topic is to be able to download the fastest way. Ummm, I'm finding that there are three types of music downloads. Of course there is the music that is listed for download, and when it's selected, you get a finished complete download of the music you wanted. Then there are those people jamming up the search list with music that when played after the download, will play for 40 or 50 seconds and then you get a screeching sound which of course means the music file is useless, but you don't realize it till the download is finished. Then the third group that you have to contend with are the ones who make available a list of songs by an artist, and even though the size of the files are different, you find that all you've gotten is only one of the songs by that artist, but all the rest of the files are the same song even though they are named as different songs from the artist. Now I wonder why some people are doing this. First off, they have to have a really large selection of music files in their Share Folder, and second, they open themselves up to scrutiny by those who are looking for people who have a really large list of music on their computers using the 'Find more from the same user' Isn't that one of the ways people are getting caught. Yes, I's surly want to be able to have a large selection of music to download, but the wasted time of selecting and then gettting downloads from the two bad types above is a real waste. I'm seeing that other people who have gotten the bad downloades are perpetuating the problem by leaving the bad file in their Shared Folder. I'm trying to help eliminate this problem by adding the word (BAD) to the beginning of the file name and if you check the file size, and file name you'll realize it a bad file so don't try to get it. This might save you some time searching.

5. File Sharing   -   #125
    People are online sharing the movie you want but you need to search for more users all the time, each day. It also helps like it was said before to autosearch more, Before you start your file download then you will start with plenty of available users.

Does this mean you are guaranteed a download right away?
    NO - you may have to wait in line for other users in front of you.
    Does this mean the download's speed (if available) will be fast?-
    NO - If your proposed download user shares for example 5 files @ 24kbs (uploadspeed) the speed will be very low to all 5 of you downloaders - which means your downloading file speed will be very low @.55kbs for example.

Does this make you mad?
    Yes - It should, the best thing we can do to increase speeds is to share (verified) files at the highest upload speeds available. At the very least if you only share to one person share your file @ a reasonable speed of 128kbs 0r above. These are not true KBS rates so you 56k ppl need not worry.

I share at maximum upload rates to 5 or less ppl usually 3 ppl for the best upload speeds and YES I can still hit a good source while uploading and hit download speeds of 150-250 on average. However If I share to one Person at top upload speed they only hit 30kbs if someone can tell me how they get those upload speeds of 150kbs+ I would be more than gratefull. my cable hits 350kb-1.3mb but like I said, topped out this baby only hits 30kbs 32kbs upload speed on my end...?

Yes some of you say "there is always someone else who can share, why do I need to?" just remember that next time you can't find any sources or complete a simple file download in less than a week or two.

If you don't share we all LOSE.

Also when you look at your downloads rt click one and hit "find more from the same.." then choose "file name" now u are searching for that filename. If it is a video check the video search box then choose the size, manually insert the size of the file i.e your downloading [tmd]secret.window.(verity).ts.(1of2) 68,584kbs. When you choose the size type in the numbers 68,584 then make a space followed by kbs. (i.e "68,584 kbs") the space in-between is important. You can choose to find files larger than or approximately the same size as well. Also after your search do a little tidying up... sort your search files by name or look at the users if a guy has 50 movies all with tha same name all diffrent sizes NONE of them are real no matter how good they look. When you sort them by name you will see the two real files together This will help you to weed out the fakes a little better but it will take an experienced eye to see the real ones plus a little dat viewing with VLC helps too! I love that Klite allows you to add other programs like VLC to the AVI preview area, Kudoos to that man! I think i have been able to see 5 out of 100 movies with "avi preview", "VLC" opens the dat everytime! If its a real file if it doesn't open it you can almost guarantee its a FAKE.

If you don't share we all LOSE. ~~~~~www.againsttcpa.com~~~~~
    Board Rule:

- max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)
    - max 100 KB ( for ALL Images Together )

6. File Sharing   -   #126
    BANNED
    jump supernodes, locolize your supernodes, delete the sources that have no sn ip out of the dat files and be patient.

do not pause your downlaods for games and apps as they might get corrupt

7. File Sharing   -   #127
    OK so far i know how to delete unuseable sources and use the search tool to help boost the speed of my download.

So only three questions i have left to ask: What is the MAX DL/R i can expect to have from my 56k cable modem?

im currently using Kazaa Lite Resurrection 2.4.8 am i at a disadvantage from the ++ users? and /or is their anything specific to this version i can do too once again speed things up? :gunsmile:

8. File Sharing   -   #128
    BANNED
    your max is probably around 8.

as for the rest its all good don't worry about it. be patient some thing new might be out

9. File Sharing   -   #129
    56k -> max is between 5 and 6 kb/s

10. File Sharing   -   #130
    as for the rest its all good don't worry about it. be patient some thing new might be out 
    U mean a new Kazaa lite?

I remember downloading a file at 10kbs once, is their any reason for this or just lucky? Normaly its about 4kbs sometimes 5-6 so im at my max