Thread: Firefox bookmarks

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I had a computer fry up on me just before Christmas and as it contained lots of family photos that i don't want to lose I put the hard drive into another computer as a slave. All is well except i wish to transfer the bookmarks from the firefox on the slave drive onto the firefox on the master. I tried running firefox from the slave but for some reason only the bookmarks from the master show

Anyone know which file to transfer using import from file in the bookmark manager?

Thanks in advance

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I had a computer fry up on me just before Christmas and as it contained lots of family photos that i don't want to lose I put the hard drive into another computer as a slave. All is well except i wish to transfer the bookmarks from the firefox on the slave drive onto the firefox on the master. I tried running firefox from the slave but for some reason only the bookmarks from the master show

Anyone know which file to transfer using import from file in the bookmark manager?

Thanks in advance
    Don't know about the bookmarks but please, please back your photos up on a CD or DVD.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    The one that's in C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    The one that's in C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default
    the file is called bookmarks.html, just copy it from the slave driive to the new drive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Ah thanks. I was looking for it in the firefox (program files) and it wasn't there. (obviously) Oddly enough it had the IE favourites file which i had imported when i "converted" which were not the ones i was looking for..... wierd
    @ Busy

I put the pictures on cd at regular intervals. It usually takes about one month to fill an entire cd. The ones i was worried about were recently taken and i hadn't gotten around to put them onto cd.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Ah thanks. I was looking for it in the firefox (program files) and it wasn't there. (obviously) Oddly enough it had the IE favourites file which i had imported when i "converted" which were not the ones i was looking for..... wierd
    @ Busy

I put the pictures on cd at regular intervals. It usually takes about one month to fill an entire cd. The ones i was worried about were recently taken and i hadn't gotten around to put them onto cd.
    Gotcha.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Vid,
    Now that you have Firefox setup again use mozbackup to make a copy .
    This app will make an image of your entire Firefox install, settings, extensions, bookmarks...all of it, that you can export to storage and reapply over a new install to get back to the way you were.
    Very handy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    @ Busy

Gotcha.

Just get a couple of cd -rw and use for backup . My wife only uses the computer for pic's and ITM . After a crash she sure was pissed at me for the loss of her fav. pictures . Now she burns to a rw and then when she has enought she copies to a cd for safe keeping .

With a cd rw you can add or delete perfect for this type of problem .

Oh sorry , about the bookmarks you can export and save aswell .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=firefo...S:ohmy:fficial
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-11-2006 at 06:46 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Vid,
    Now that you have Firefox setup again use mozbackup to make a copy .
    This app will make an image of your entire Firefox install, settings, extensions, bookmarks...all of it, that you can export to storage and reapply over a new install to get back to the way you were.
    Very handy.
    Just so.

Works a charm.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I backup my favorites simply by opening Firefox, going into "manage bookmarks" then selecting "export" from the File menu to save them.

I actually export them directly to the portable version of Firefox I have on a USB drive.
    Last edited by harrycary; 01-14-2006 at 12:45 AM.