Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going From Intel To AMD

fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    im going to go with buying a AMD ATHLON64 X2 3800+ 64-BIT CPU which is about $500 AUS ...then that leaves me $200 left to buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157081
    That... then when i get enough i'll get a pci-e graphics card and add it to that...
    or i'll try and sell my 6600gt (i got for $212) i'll try and sell for $250 then i will have $450 to buy a 6600gt pci-e or higher and mobo but still getting the dual core.
    i'll go with the first option until i can find a buying for at least $200 .
    if I was the guy you were trying to sell that card to....
    I'd take that card from you and pound it up yer arse.....sideways even

how can you justify trying to sell something used for more than it goes retail?
    take the loss like a fucking man, get $100 or so back on it or whatever
    but don't go trying to fuck poeple over

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    do you mean a scam artist or a lying fuck when talking about capt_spazad?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Yes.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    this is what you do:

find some chump/dumbass and sell ur vidcard (use ur imagination here to convince him/her/it) for double what u bought it, and yes, it is completely possible, in fact, offer that person ull install it for them free of charge

use that money to buy a PCI-E card equivalent OR a better card

if u went w/ the equivalent card for PCI-E, then take the surplus money and put it towards a good DUAL CORE AMD processor as gameguy pointed out, preferabbly 3800+ and up.

and if u went with a more extravagent vid card, then save up and get a dual core anyway, cuz in a few months/year(s) ull need to upgrade to dualcore anyway.

edit: real life example: i sold my geforce fx5200, yes a crappy 5200 128mb PCI (not express or AGP!) card, for 250 dollars canadian! i installed it for him, he's like 12 yrs old and got his parents to buy it for him. i didnt find any buyers but u gotta keep looking, there is always someone dumb enough, always. but then again, this was half a year ago, no idea what 5200's were worth, but definitely not that much, prob. not even worth 60 bucks back then

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    The 12-year old probably upgraded from integrated graphics anyways, so the 5200fx would be a gaming beast for him...All he probably plays is CS1.6 or something. He's gonna find out though, soon or later and curse cpt_azad for his next 200 generations.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Both

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    this is what you do:

find some chump/dumbass and sell ur vidcard (use ur imagination here to convince him/her/it) for double what u bought it, and yes, it is completely possible, in fact, offer that person ull install it for them free of charge

use that money to buy a PCI-E card equivalent OR a better card

if u went w/ the equivalent card for PCI-E, then take the surplus money and put it towards a good DUAL CORE AMD processor as gameguy pointed out, preferabbly 3800+ and up.

and if u went with a more extravagent vid card, then save up and get a dual core anyway, cuz in a few months/year(s) ull need to upgrade to dualcore anyway.

edit: real life example: i sold my geforce fx5200, yes a crappy 5200 128mb PCI (not express or AGP!) card, for 250 dollars canadian! i installed it for him, he's like 12 yrs old and got his parents to buy it for him. i didnt find any buyers but u gotta keep looking, there is always someone dumb enough, always. but then again, this was half a year ago, no idea what 5200's were worth, but definitely not that much, prob. not even worth 60 bucks back then
    A fine example of how to rip someone off. A 12year old at that. Remind me to never buy anything from cpt_azad.
    lets see hmmm, u probably know more about computers than i do, therfore:

1) u would not fall for my tricks
    2) if you were in my shoes and had an oppurtunity to make extra money, then you would definitely do what i did

and ya it was an integrated onboard vid card that kid had, lol he still has no clue

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    That kid got pwned. I would do the same lol if I had the chance, I must admit.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I know its buyer beware but after reading a couple of the retard ,ripoff a twelve year old child coments its fucking unbelievable ! Have some pride and atleast give him some programs and a lifetime warranty for christ sake .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

2) if you were in my shoes and had an oppurtunity to make extra money, then you would definitely do what i did
    How dare you. You cannot know what I would do. It's my choice if I want to be honest and/or ethical or not. You have no right to decide that for me.

And no. I wouldn't do the same thing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast