Thread: Apparently

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Iran is considering changing to trading oil in Euros and setting up it's own exchange to do so. It is also inviting other countries to use their exchange and also trade in Euros. It seems Saudi Arabia is considering joining them

Is it possible that the US Dollar might lose it's place as the World currency and if so what effect might this have on the US economy. What steps would the US be willing to take to prevent such events taking place.

Iraq changed to trading in Euros (from Dollars) a few years ago, however after the US and allied invasion the trading was changed back to the US Dollar.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think the really tough one to swallow will be if China decides to shift its foreign exchange reserves to the Euro from the dollar as it has been hinting

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i dont think saudi will join the iran or change to euro exchange, they are good allies of america and recently america helped them to join world trade org, china m8 do.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    i dont think saudi will join the iran or change to euro exchange, they are good allies of america and recently america helped them to join world trade org, china m8 do.
    I wouldn't be so sure.

It wouldn't be the first empire to be surprised at the news of it's demise.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Is the Euro any good now then?