Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UnderWorld 2

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    is this movie as bad as they say it is??? they say 17% on rotten tomartoes

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    is this movie as bad as they say it is??? they say 17% on rotten tomartoes
    Nooooo this movie isnt bad at all! Dont believe everything the critics write..Most like the indy and musical flims anyways
    The movie is darker then the first one, but it does tell a good story of the vampire/lykins war.
    Go see it!

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Nooooo this movie isnt bad at all! Dont believe everything the critics write..Most like the indy and musical flims

i was just lookin' at the quotes that rottentomatoes pulled from the underworld evolution reviews, and some of them were REALLY FUNNY!

"If you listen to Marilyn Manson, read Fangoria magazine, and do all your clothes shopping at Hot Topic, then Underworld: Evolution is the movie for you. All others needn't bother."

-- Mike McGranaghan, AISLE SEAT

"Director Len Wiseman, formerly of the music-video world, is still stuck on music-video logic: Throw in awesome-looking stuff, throw in more awesome-looking stuff, don't worry so much about connecting anything."

-- Kyle Smith, NEW YORK POST

"With Underworld and its sequel Underworld: Evolution, Len Wiseman proves that he's more than capable of giving Uwe Boll a run for his money for the title of World's Worst Living Genre Filmmaker."

-- Ethan Alter, FILM JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL

"Underworld: Evolution is what an Uwe Boll movie would look like if Sony's money were behind it rather than German financiers and if it lacked any unintended laughs."

-- Mark Pfeiffer, REEL TIMES: REFLECTIONS ON CINEMA

Underworld Evolution, the inevitable sequel, comes off as a slight improvement over the original, if only because the stake lodged up its hindquarters seems to measure a few millimeters smaller. Still, even a few flashes of goth self-awareness (to say nothing of the arresting sight of Kate Beckinsale in black PVC) can’t excuse returning director Len Wiseman’s needlessly convoluted, one-note delivery. Minus any distinguishable personality, all Underworld Evolution has to offer is hairy folks in tight vinyl, squeaking and vogueing through the outskirts of Prague.

-- Andrew Wright, THE STRANGER (SEATTLE, WA)
    vogueing!

"There's no guiding power at work here; it's Evolution without a shred of intelligent design."

-- Ben Kenigsberg, VILLAGE VOICE
    topical!

"It's round two of the battle between vampires and werewolves. I won't reveal who wins, but the audience certainly loses."

-- Frank Swietek, ONE GUY'S OPINION
    okay this one sounds like an AVP reference.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC

i was just lookin' at the quotes that rottentomatoes pulled from the underworld evolution reviews, and some of them were REALLY FUNNY!

"If you listen to Marilyn Manson, read Fangoria magazine, and do all your clothes shopping at Hot Topic, then Underworld: Evolution is the movie for you. All others needn't bother."

-- Mike McGranaghan, AISLE SEAT

"Director Len Wiseman, formerly of the music-video world, is still stuck on music-video logic: Throw in awesome-looking stuff, throw in more awesome-looking stuff, don't worry so much about connecting anything."

-- Kyle Smith, NEW YORK POST

"With Underworld and its sequel Underworld: Evolution, Len Wiseman proves that he's more than capable of giving Uwe Boll a run for his money for the title of World's Worst Living Genre Filmmaker."

-- Ethan Alter, FILM JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL

"Underworld: Evolution is what an Uwe Boll movie would look like if Sony's money were behind it rather than German financiers and if it lacked any unintended laughs."

-- Mark Pfeiffer, REEL TIMES: REFLECTIONS ON CINEMA

Underworld Evolution, the inevitable sequel, comes off as a slight improvement over the original, if only because the stake lodged up its hindquarters seems to measure a few millimeters smaller. Still, even a few flashes of goth self-awareness (to say nothing of the arresting sight of Kate Beckinsale in black PVC) can’t excuse returning director Len Wiseman’s needlessly convoluted, one-note delivery. Minus any distinguishable personality, all Underworld Evolution has to offer is hairy folks in tight vinyl, squeaking and vogueing through the outskirts of Prague.

-- Andrew Wright, THE STRANGER (SEATTLE, WA)
    vogueing!

"There's no guiding power at work here; it's Evolution without a shred of intelligent design."

-- Ben Kenigsberg, VILLAGE VOICE
    topical!

"It's round two of the battle between vampires and werewolves. I won't reveal who wins, but the audience certainly loses."

-- Frank Swietek, ONE GUY'S OPINION
    okay this one sounds like an AVP reference.
    Movie Critics are idiots!

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    "... there's little wit or genuine suspense to elevate the proceedings above the level of a cheesy comic book."

-- Frank Scheck, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I haven't seen Evolution but Underworld was pretty good.

Not a favorite but not remotely a bad movie.

I wasn't pressed to see Evolution. I'll get it on disc.

The internet generation needs to get their heads out of the websites.

OMG!111ROTTEN TOMATOZ GIVEZ IT TEH SUXORZ BALLZORZ!!11!LOWLZ

Who gives a shit?

There's someone on FST that has Ewan McGregor as their favorite actor so treat many opinions with a grain of butt crumbs unless you know ya'll like the same stuff.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-07-2006 at 05:41 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    if i were to go buy all of the major newspapers print editions that had reviews of underworld evolution and keep my head out of the websites, i reckon i'd STILL HAVE A PILE OF REVIEWS saying it suckored ballorz lowlz.

as for who gives a shit. a loaded question? you could ask the same about anything. who gives a shit whether anyone likes or dislikes anything, who gives a shit whether a movie like this exists or doesn't exist, WHAT'S THE MEANING OF LIFE (and who gives a shit)?
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 03-07-2006 at 10:35 AM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    if i were to go buy all of the major newspapers print editions that had reviews of underworld evolution and keep my head out of the websites, i reckon i'd STILL HAVE A PILE OF REVIEWS saying it suckored ballorz lowlz.

as for who gives a shit. a loaded question? you could ask the same about anything. who gives a shit whether anyone likes or dislikes anything, who gives a shit whether a movie like this exists or doesn't exist, WHAT'S THE MEANING OF LIFE (and who gives a shit)?
    It just seems this is one example where they all got it wrong. Mind you, I haven't seen it but they make it sound like it was slightly better than the first, which to me, sounds like it would be good as shit.

I like when someone said, critics are idiots. If you are going to trust a critic, trust one that has got it right a number of times. That critic is on the same page with you.

I have critics like Desson Thompson (Washington Post) and Arch Campbell (local NBC affiliate) that have ripped a buncha shit I like so their opinion means shit to me. IMDB's average ratings are the same (which many like to cite).

That's where I say "who gives a shit?"
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    The more critics slag a film off,the more I want to see it.
    evoloution is a good film,loads of action and blood an guts,what more could you ask for.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    oh well, my first response was mainly a reaction to that "faggy critics only hate it because it's what real people like" vibe. that is such a knee-jerk thing to say. uh no, they don't just luv the arty farty flix and hate everything that's real & has computer-grafx monsters. see: MONKEY KONG GETTING 84% POSITIVE REVIEWS on the tomato. for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    The more critics slag a film off,the more I want to see it.
    so. how WERE stealth, dukes of hazzard, and deuce bigalow 2? since those were some of the most slagged-off movies of the past year which, according to your equation of "slagged off = awesome," must've made them a high priority on your schedule.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 03-08-2006 at 06:43 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234