Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giganews binary retention increased to #70 days

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    source

Giganews is proud to announce that we have upgraded our storage capacity for the fourth time this year, which has enabled us to further improve our service to you. Giganews now offers:

Binary retention of approximately 70 days!
    Text retention of over 875 days!
    10 concurrent connections per account!
    We are pleased to be able to continue to offer our customers the best Usenet service for your money, and we look forward to offering you many more great benefits for being a Giganews customer.

There are no configuration changes necessary to start enjoying our new retention levels, and all of the spools are already full.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Now if only they would stop limiting their unlimited accounts, it might be worth the arm and leg they charge.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    limiting their unlimited? why the hell would they do that? if u pay for unlimited shouldn't u get what you pay for?

/me is so happy she's got a good ISP with a good news server

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    limiting their unlimited? why the hell would they do that? if u pay for unlimited shouldn't u get what you pay for?
    They put a hard limit on users with unlimited accounts who they feel are "abusing" the bandwidth.
    Happened to me, and if you google it, you'll see that it's happened to alot of others too.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Oh well at least its bringing competition( i Hope it causes newshosting to match or do better)

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Never got any limit on mine account. Got 8 Mbps and downloading about 300 - 400 Gb per month at full speed. Thats from the European cluster though. Used it
    for 6 months now.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    They put a hard limit on users with unlimited accounts who they feel are "abusing" the bandwidth.
    Happened to me, and if you google it, you'll see that it's happened to alot of others too.
    I only have problems sometimes. Doesnt seem to be connected with how much I download in a certain period though. More of it just being their server im connecting to messing up.

Only problem I have with the service is that I cant connect from 2 locations at 1 time
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Only problem I have with the service is that I cant connect from 2 locations at 1 time
    You can with NewsHosting though...

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    You can with NewsHosting though...

Yeah it's "frowned" on, but Newshosting won't do anything about it, if you decide to use your account in more than one place at a time.

Just to stay alittle on topic here, NewsHosting announced they are now hosting 40 days of Binary retention. The best just gets better.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    My problem in Giganews is that they only allow 10 conections, so i download at 50 kbs. I contacted them and they told me it was a ISP problem, but itīs not!

I'am using Easynews right now and i download at 400 kbs. (they have just gave +20 GB free!)

Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Yeah it's "frowned" on, but Newshosting won't do anything about it, if you decide to use your account in more than one place at a time.
    What do you mean by that?
    Last edited by shazer; 12-28-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast