Thread: newshosting question

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Just signed up with newshosting and have a question. I can only see 4 days or so worth of posts, I thought I was going to be able to see more days than that.

Also, I was interested in downloading something but all the pieces are not there, and when I did download it there are still 52 blocks needed with all the pars. I thought the point of using a service like this was that the uploads would be more complete. This show only went up yesterday, shouldn't it be completable using a pay for service?

Cheers

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    visionaryone
    Hmm Well i cant speak for Newshosting as I use someone else. But i would assume that a post from yesterday should be easily completed. Be interested to know whats happening there.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    What news reader are you using?

I hardly have any problems with Newshosting(~50 days of retention) as long as you stick to the popular binary groups. Are the rars corrupt or missing. If they are missing maybe they weren't finished uploading.

Was it a tv show you were after, if it is then alt.binaries.multimedia is good. Paid services usually offer more groups, longer retention, and sometimes better speeds.

I wonder if its against forum rules to post pars(are they considered copyrighted material)

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Hi,

I am using grabit and it is only showing 4 days which is what I have with my own ISP, I had hoped to be able to browse through all 45 days I was paying for with newshosting.

Do I need to do a reset or something in grabit for it to DL more than 4 days worth of headers?

I am not so worried about the shows right now, after all if I get this running right they should all be there.

Cheers

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    make sure that you are subscribing to the group under newshosting and then update. Sounds like you are still using your isp's newsserver to grab headers

You can also use sites like binsearch.net to get nzb files with out going through the trouble of headers

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    binsearch is good, but it isn't complete unfortunately, it doesn't appear to always archive posts, they must require a certain format to archive.

I got the full list using newsleecher, but couldn't get it using grabit, must need to uninstall and reinstall it.

Cheers
    Last edited by artsluver; 11-07-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: grammar

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Must be some setting thats still getting headers though your primary or the first server you setup. Its been awhile since Ive had GrabIt but I think you just change the server you want. Not sure if they ever made it cabable of threading with multipe severs though. This was a limitaion of it amongst others when I changed clients. Even though GrabIt is a great client other such as NewsLeecher are much better and have more features also...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Hi,

Yes I am enjoying what I can figure out about newsleecher from instinct. It sure is unusual for a product not to have a help file. LOL!

I have yet to go through the FAQ here for newsleecher, but if it is anywhere near as helpful as the grabit one was for me then I am sure I will know a lot more about the interface soon enough.

Cheers!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    NZB Looter
    There's always a problem with grabit from my experience don't think is suitable for binaries. Try newsbin pro.