Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: No Work For 8 Weeks........

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Sorry to hear you were broke, Busy. Glad they were able to fix you. (at least that part of you)

Best wishes on the healing.
    Thanks. Actually on the healing side, I can speed the rehab by sticking to a weight lifting schedule (when I'm able of course) and strengthen my quads. I also did this beforehand sorta like a pre-hab.

I also gained weight beforehand 'cause I tend not to eat alot when I'm "sick". Even today, wifey made me a coupla hamburgers, some French fries, and a salad and I barely touched it.

I did my pseudo-Atkins diet as a test before, to see if I could burn off excess weight quickly. I lost about 18 pounds then turned around and gained it back +6. I'm now 206. The weight will also help if I catch infection.

A friend of mine used to be chubby when I younger and then he got sick. He lost so much weight that to this day he's actually skinny.

I planned my surgery around this time 'cause between January and February is when we get our worst snow here. When I tried to schedule my surgery back in November, they tried to give me December 8. I said I wanted Jan. and they said they don't schedule that far in advance and I'd have to call back.

When I called in December, she said that she literally just got the scheduling for January in her hands and I got the date I wanted.

They used bioscrews where the material is absorbed by my body. My bone cells grow around the screws leaving basically bone screws. I asked her about those at my pre-op. They were going to use titanium.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hope you have a great time

I tore my ankle ligaments playing soccer, I'd finished uni and was living in a pub but still doing my professional training. I couldn't walk at all so decided to have a month off from everything that wasn't a larf, I had a fantastic time. Didn't need to take one pain killer due to the plentiful Kronenbourg.

Btw, I nearly pished meself when I was reading the list of stuff you have to hand and then got to the concealed firearm
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Hey Busyman, hope you get better soon.

I watched the birth of my second child because I had an epidural. Very strange watching my legs being moved about. didn't see much though as they had a screen up. My partner told me that it looked really gory so perhaps just as well....:sicko:

4. Lounge   -   #24
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA
    Hey Busyman, hope you get better soon.

I watched the birth of my second child :
    Were you not the sara

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Hope you have a great time

I tore my ankle ligaments playing soccer, I'd finished uni and was living in a pub but still doing my professional training. I couldn't walk at all so decided to have a month off from everything that wasn't a larf, I had a fantastic time. Didn't need to take one pain killer due to the plentiful Kronenbourg.

Btw, I nearly pished meself when I was reading the list of stuff you have to hand and then got to the concealed firearm

That's quite noice. You got to...

live in a bar
    and drink alki instead of taking drugs

noice.

you probably just had fun, fun, fun.

Which ankle did you fuck up?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Funny I'm watchng Friday Night Lights (good movie...so far) and Boobie Miles just tore his ACL.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #27
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    coool, I guess.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Finished FNL now watchin' Hostage.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Alex DeWolf
    Sorry to hear this. I got laid off on 12/16/05 but I did get a new job last week. Good luck

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by adewolf
    Sorry to hear this. I got laid off on 12/16/05 but I did get a new job last week. Good luck
    What was the old/is the new job?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast