Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: No Work For 8 Weeks........

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

but much pain.

Had surgery yesterday and got a new ACL.

My surgeon told me before that I had to go under 'cause bone can't be numbed. While waiting before surgery, my anesthesiologist told me I didn't and it pissed my surgeon off. I got an epidural and watched the whole operation on a monitor.

The surgeon played music from her Ipod while operating. She also removed old scar tissue from my medial meniscus.

It was interesting not being able to feel my leg but seeing the doctors holding it up. :dead weight:

In recovery I started getting a headache and then I yacked. I told them I felt nauseous and the I leaned over the side of the bed and hurled. They then gave me a kinda of throw-up bowl and I let the rest go.

Because I got an epidural I had to wait for HOURS AND HOURS before they let me even stand up. My operation started at 8 am and only took about 2 hours, yet I couldn't stand up until about 2:30 pm.

I end up having to piss in a long cup. Just drop my johnson in and let it go.

I was "pissed" 'cause the second time I had to piss I demonstrated to the nurse that I could move my right leg just fine and could use the crutches to hit the head. Damn nurse still had me pissing in a cup.

They did say it was odd 'cause most people have a hard time pissing after an epidural and need a cathoder to get the urine out. (they called today to check up on me and thought it odd I was only on my second pain pill)

I do have a nice set-up perfect for the cripple like myself.

I brought my futon downstairs which sits in front of the big screen

moved my little refrigerator (and put the microwave on top) to the left of the futon. Plastic forks, spoons, and knives are right there also. Refrigerator has cold drinks and quick microwave food, and leftovers.
    Xbox (with about 90 titles plus emulated games in it) within arm's reach.
    laptop on coffee table (that I'm typing on now)
    telephone and alarm clock on end table to my left.
    dumbells under the futon.
    gun underneath the left end table (has a hollow inside)

I normally would hate being off work so long but in this case, there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by Busyman; 01-14-2006 at 08:39 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Lucky.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    whats ACL.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Sorry about the pain.

Watching people operate on you can be fun, in a scary sort of way. Been there, and have seen the inside of someone's heart during an examination, once. Awesome, but disconcerting.

Six weeks can be a long time. If you heal up quickly then maybe you can get a bit of fun in, like a trip or something. Good luck, fingers crossed, and all that

Sweet setup, with the hardware et al.

Gun + painkillers = hawt

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    whats ACL.
    Anterior Cruciate Ligament.

I haven't had one for at least 8 or more years until today.

My right leg still doesn't have one.

I tore them playing basketball.

Recently though 'cause of old an cartilage tear (about 7 years ago) my knee has become unstable and doctors thought it best I get a new ACL.

My surgeon from 7 years ago though it odd I was still playing basketball.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-14-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ya had a lot to contend with
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

7. Lounge   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Since you're off. I expect you to root for the Redskins Saturday 01-14-06 4:30pm EST twice as hard. Get better. We need more Redskins fans!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Sorry about the pain.

Watching people operate on you can be fun, in a scary sort of way. Been there, and have seen the inside of someone's heart during an examination, once. Awesome, but disconcerting.

Six weeks can be a long time. If you heal up quickly then maybe you can get a bit of fun in, like a trip or something. Good luck, fingers crossed, and all that

Sweet setup, with the hardware et al.

Gun + painkillers = hawt
    Well that will stay put unless needed...you know "just in case".

Since I am immobile, I'm hardly in a position to "kick" someone's ass. Instead I can just point and shoot.

We have rules regarding travel though. If I take a trip and my job finds out I would be fired.

I watched my arthroscopic surgery on the same knee 7 years ago. On this go 'round I even saw the blood spatter a bit (I pulled the vailed sheet down a bit when they started).

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Since you're off. I expect you to root for the Redskins Saturday 01-14-06 4:30pm EST twice as hard. Get better. We need more Redskins fans!
    Damn right!!! I have no choice.

However I like to jump up in excitement and that ain't gonna happen.

I can pump my fist really, really, really hard though.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    We have rules regarding travel though. If I take a trip and my job finds out I would be fired.
    That sucks, if you've got time off to recover, shouldn't you be allowed to recover where you wanted? Suppose it's to guard against people faking injuries or disease to take a trip, but still.

I watched my arthroscopic surgery on the same knee 7 years ago. On this go 'round I even saw the blood spatter a bit (I pulled the vailed sheet down a bit when they started).
    That's cool. I always find not being in control is a problem, but as long as they remember that you are there and awake, it's ok.

Did she tell you about what she was doing while she did it, so you could follow it step by step, or was it obvious anyway?

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast