Thread: Winamp Vs Wmp

Ex-member
    Oh, cheers, haven't noticed that!

2. Music   -   #22
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    no prob. B)

3. Music   -   #23
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+21 April 2003 - 19:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 21 April 2003 - 19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

With hundreds of mp3s, making a playlist for each album, each artist and each genre would be unbelievably tedious. And imagine keeping it updated? :x

WMP does all this for you though, so that&#39;s why it remains my favourite. Please enlighten me if WinAMP does this and I&#39;ve missed it. [/b]

If you sort you MP3 collection properly, a folder for each album, under a folder for each artist, under a folder for each genre if you must, you right click and play in winamp on the folder.....if the mp3&#39;s are named/taged right it&#39;ll work out how to play them in order too, if you join us on soulseek and browse people&#39;s folders you&#39;ll see what i mean

<!--QuoteBegin--Lamsey
    @21 April 2003 - 19:14

WMP does all this for you though, so that&#39;s why it remains my favourite. Please enlighten me if WinAMP does this and I&#39;ve missed it.
    [/quote]

Winamp 2.9 and 3 have a built in media manager thingy.

And winamp is just the best, you can leave it at the top of the screen, "always on top" turned on and never notice it&#39;s there, just sitting in the title bar space, wounderfull

4. Music   -   #24
    If anyone is interested here are my two cents: I have been using a great player called MediaCenter 9.0 by J River. You can check it out here. It has loads of features and tools. Its still in beta (late stages) but I haven&#39;t had any problems with it.

5. Music   -   #25
    why would you use wmp? that is for movies.

winamp3 is good although it takes a lot of resources and loading times, the equalizer is the best part. each song can have its own setting and the thing that only ver3 has is the multiple playlists. i have never used anything else for music. this is simply made for it.

6. Music   -   #26
    Anybody that uses Windows Media Player should be hung on a stake to die.It assoicates its self with Movies and as we all know Movies are nothing but Satans Children.

"WinAmp.....it really whips the lamas.....I mean Devils ass&#33;"

7. Music   -   #27
    Originally posted by MusicWorld@21 April 2003 - 20:34
    Anybody that uses Windows Media Player should be hung on a stake to die.It assoicates its self with Movies and as we all know Movies are nothing but Satans Children.

"WinAmp.....it really whips the lamas.....I mean Devils ass&#33;
    what about the movie: the sound of music? devil?

edit: actually ive never seen that movie.

8. Music   -   #28
    I Think that WMP is better no matter what you do. (windows XP users if your having trouble playing video&#39;s with wmp you can allocate more system resources toward wmp and it&#39;ll run smooth as a babys ass). I used winamp for a really long time, and loved it too&#33; But then when my cpu fell behind it started showing straining, skipping, cutting into performance of other programs, and just freezing alltogether. I figured the switch to wmp would be better because:
    1)WMP was designed by Microsoft (as is windows)
    2)WMP is on your system anyways you might as well use it
    3)WMP would probably take up less resources considering windows know everything about WMP and not Winamp
    4)WMP has a low probability of freezing, again, because it is a microsoft program designed with windows for windows
    Call me a moron if ya disagree, but after considering the above i didn&#39;t see a further use for winamp

9. Music   -   #29
    Proffesional Dumbass
    winamp&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Music   -   #30
    Poster
    I have used winamp but prefer using QCD player,you can get it here.

But IMO these are the only 2 mp3 palyers worth having.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast