Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Winamp Vs Wmp

Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by HankusDankus@25 April 2003 - 05:38
    I Think that WMP is better no matter what you do.  (windows XP users if your having trouble playing video's with wmp you can allocate more system resources toward wmp and it'll run smooth as a babys ass).  I used winamp for a really long time, and loved it too!  But then when my cpu fell behind it started showing straining, skipping, cutting into performance of other programs, and just freezing alltogether. 
    Not sure why it would do that, winamp stays skip and error free even if all of windows is crashing round it, if i'm doing any CPU intensive tasks etc

I figured the switch to wmp would be better because:
    1)WMP was designed by Microsoft (as is windows)
    2)WMP is on your system anyways you might as well use it
    3)WMP would probably take up less resources considering windows know everything about WMP and not Winamp
    4)WMP has a low probability of freezing, again, because it is a microsoft program designed with windows for windows
    Call me a moron if ya disagree, but after considering the above i didn't see a further use for winamp
    1) most of MS's software is over bloated, full of little things that like to track it's use
    2) i wish it wasn't
    3) WinAMP uses much less CPU and RAM that WMP does, a whole 10MB, where WMP uses something like 70MB, and winamp barly flickers onto the CPU usage scale
    4) WMP skips and jumps if I open any program while using it

2. Music   -   #32
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I kinda like PUYJ....

But as far as this topic goes...

There is no question.... WINAMP, i can't understand that people even come up with the comparission.

wmp = evil not as far as it's movie related, but as it is from MS that is in favor for using wma and in the future is able only to play songs that are verified as being payed for and collected in legal way... Andblock all others. (TCPA & DMR )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234