Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface

Anyone heard of this? It's an American TV show about underwater thingys.

Just started in the UK so i've only seen episode 1, but i downloaded up to episode 13 (Which im guessing are all US HDTV caps)

Anyone else watch it? From what i've seen it looks very good.

Please keep anything after E1 in spoiler tags if you wanna talk about future stuff.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I've watched some of it and thought it was pretty average. Between this, Threshold, Invasion, Supernatural and Nightstalker there has been some quite crappy sci-fi* lately. Junk-food like at best.

*I use the term loosely.

Spoiler: Show

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I saw the last 40 minutes of the first episode, so i missed the first 20 minutes. I picked up when she was in the sub and something came out of the earth at like 1000 feat a second.

If they write it well enough it could be good. It'll never be an epic TV show just by looking at the cheap budget and wierd storyline. Certainly not a Lost in the making but still something to watch.

Is Invasion any good? Channel 4 had been hyping it up for like a month and i missed it and havn't got arround to downloading it yet. Worth teh downloadage?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

Is Invasion any good? Channel 4 had been hyping it up for like a month and i missed it and havn't got arround to downloading it yet. Worth teh downloadage?
    Always worth a try, Peerzy. I watched it for like 8 episodes but lost interest. I'm not really looking for the next Lost or 24 when I watch new shows but I do feel I have been spoiled by the superior storytelling of these shows so when I watch something like Surface or Invasion it just seems dated.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I saw the last 40 minutes of the first episode, so i missed the first 20 minutes. I picked up when she was in the sub and something came out of the earth at like 1000 feat a second.

If they write it well enough it could be good. It'll never be an epic TV show just by looking at the cheap budget and wierd storyline. Certainly not a Lost in the making but still something to watch.

Surface is OK. Invasion, however, has gotten 10x better since it started. At first it was way too slow. Now though, it's highly interesting. It's Invasion Of The Body Snatchers but many of the "pod people" don't realize they are "new".

I put most of the new shows in The New TV Series thread.

Someone also made a Surface thread some months back.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I watch Surface and IMHO its a great new series. Its refreshing to see a series from the same ole same that come out.
    Big following or a certain creature you will see in future episodes.
    Last episode was a change in the plot...heheh I love it
    Invasion, now that series rawks!...Kind of like invasion of the body snatcher,but with a twist. I cant wait to see what happens this week.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    I watch Surface and IMHO its a great new series. Its refreshing to see a series from the same ole same that come out.
    Big following or a certain creature you will see in future episodes.
    Last episode was a change in the plot...heheh I love it
    Invasion, now that series rawks!...Kind of like invasion of the body snatcher,but with a twist. I cant wait to see what happens this week.
    Sheriff Underlay is going to take the kids on a "trip".
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Sheriff underlay is so creepy! And NO the kids wont become pod ppl. I hope not anyways lol

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Just watched Episode 2.

That girl got fired and that black dude's face un-melted itself.

Also Adster got eaten by one while out shark hunting.

Getting better as each episode goes on. Although the shyte lil kid and his pet monster is teh ghey. Yeah it can eat a boat but a little kid can tame it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I loved!!!!!!!! Surface.

great show. Invasion is ok, but its really really slow going, and i don't see where this pod people idea is going.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast