Thread: Failing(ed) HD?

can I curse? FUCK!
    I was using my computer this morning and I heard one of my hard drives making this gas releasing sound and then a powering down sound. However, it didn't affect anything so I just moved on. Just before I was watching a video and the video was messing up but I'm thinking thats just a bad download. After I closed the video, I went to search on forums to see if anyone else had a bad download like that but then I decided to reboot the computer since my internet connection was running a little sluggish.

Before rebooting. It had that windows update thing on the shutdown but I chose to reboot.

So now I'm just wondering if my HD was failing or did I fuck up on the windows update thing?

I'm installing ubuntu now so I can maybe have a chance at recovering my files incase I have to send back the HD.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    It seems that one of my hard drives is failing again. Making the same noise stated in my previous post. Does anyone know how advanced RMA works with WD? Should I wait for the drive to come to me or should I immediately send my drive to them after making my RMA?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    It seems that one of my hard drives is failing again. Making the same noise stated in my previous post. Does anyone know how advanced RMA works with WD? Should I wait for the drive to come to me or should I immediately send my drive to them after making my RMA?
    Normally you send the bad drive to them first.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    Normally you send the bad drive to them first.
    Have you used their advanced RMA service yet? I really need to know because I don't any the right boxes to put the HD in and send it back. I want to see if I am able to wait until the new drive comes in.
    Last edited by Shiranai_Baka; 01-19-2006 at 02:14 AM.