[news=http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9608/untitled35hf.gif]The first alpha version of Mozilla Firefox 2 codenamed "Bon Ocho" will be released on February 10, 2006 while the final public release of Firefox 2.0 is expected in middle of this year.
Bon Ocho, the Firefox 2 code name is taken from a public park - Bon Echo Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada that translates to "good echo".
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 will have the following new features / improvements:
* Provide an easy access to History and Bookmarks, enhancments to Live Bookmarks
* Tabbed browsing UI improvements - Aim is to decrease the learning curve for new users and make the whole tabs approach more intuitive.
* Improve the process of adding new RSS feeds
* Extension Manager enhancements - option to blacklist firefox extensions
* Search Engine UI improvements - make adding search keywords more easy. Simplify adding or deleting search engines.
There are plans for enhanced security, blacklisting and anti-phishing measures to be fitted to the new version. However, no details of what they might be have been released yet.