Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod nano Problem

Poster
    Hey all, I have a problem with my Nano which is making me want to pull my damn hair out!

The thing is, I've never had a problem with my nano until I plugged it into my computer yesterday. Nothing was recognising it [Software updater, iTunes] so I decided to uninstall iTunes and the iPod updater and fire in the disc that came with the nano. I left it for about an hour to format only to recieve a message saying "Error Communicating with iPod" or something of the like. It works on my upstairs comp so ... obviously it's something to do with this machine.

I'm running windows Xp SP2. If anyone can help with this - please do

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Tried a new USB/Firewire port?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Yeah, tried three different USB ports.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Thanks for the link, nothing there works for me though. Tried resetting my ipod which didnt work [which i expected as it works on my upstairs comp, I've tried different USBs, reinstalled/restarted about 189 times, and the ipod updater doesnt find the ipod, ust tells me to plug one in to updae.

Its really annoying me as I didnt have problems before? Is there any driver problems or something? Obviously it is something to do with my machine as it works upstairs.

$100 to anyone who can help lol

[Of course, in I.O.U form ]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    have you tried other USB hardware? If you use a USB PCI card maybe it's broken

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    yeah, I tried my webcam in every other usb port I have, worked in all of them. And ive tried my nano in all of them and still nothing...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Maybe try getting the latest drivers for your USB card (or onboard USB, whatever you have).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Maybe try getting the latest drivers for your USB card (or onboard USB, whatever you have).
    Where can I get usb drivers for mine? Ive got a SiS chipset, but my usb 2.0 from a PCI card

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Where can I get usb drivers for mine? Ive got a SiS chipset, but my usb 2.0 from a PCI card
    What card, chipset, motherboard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast