Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay problem

So about a week ago I was looking through ebay for a TV for my room, so I bidd[ed] for one for £200. A couple of days later I changed my mind about the whole thing, forgetting that I already bidded.

Today morning the seller phoned me and said that she wants the money asap, I tried to tell her that it was all a mistake but she said I HAVE to pay. She said that if I don't pay within a few days she will report me to ebay.

Is there anything ebay can do?
    Do I HAVE to pay?
    Can she sue me?

thanks in advance

2. Lounge   -   #2
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    You'll just get negative feedback, but i sure you can retract your bid before the item ends of course

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    You'll just get negative feedback, but i sure you can retract your bid before the item ends of course
    ITS ENDED I forgot all about it

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    D'oh.

I had someone try that with me when my freind clicked buy now for a pair of traienrs and then relaised they didn't accept debit cards.

I politely told the bloke where to go, mentioning that I was on the dole and really didn't have any money to give him for a sale that didn't go through. After a few strongly worded emails he gave up and I never got any negative feedback.

Although I guess thats kinda different to your suggestion, I guess its too late to lie and say it was a little brother/sister?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't be a dick. Pay the money and get your TV. That's what you agreed to when you placed your bid.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter
    So about a week ago I was looking through ebay for a TV for my room, so I bidd[ed] for one for £200. A couple of days later I changed my mind about the whole thing, forgetting that I already bidded.

Today morning the seller phoned me and said that she wants the money asap, I tried to tell her that it was all a mistake but she said I HAVE to pay. She said that if I don't pay within a few days she will report me to ebay.

Do I HAVE to pay?
    Can she sue me?

thanks in advance
    You will get a negative feedback from the seller and strike against your name from ebay.

I think if you get 2 strikes in a year your account gets suspended. But i'm not completely sure about that. Find out more from the ebay website.
    Robert00000

7. Lounge   -   #7
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    According to this guide for eBay I dld,
    you can retract your bid by claiming that it was a 'clear error'.
    But if you do that more than once, you'll be know as a non reliable person.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ...you started with a bid for 200 pounds...lol ...yes ?...you were bound to win the bidding... no peace for worldpease..

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter

Do I HAVE to pay?
    Can she sue me?

thanks in advance
    If you don't pay you'll get negative feedback, and your ebay account will possibly be suspended.

Next time, if you don't want something don't bid on it.

EDIT: By the way, people like you who twat about on ebay without really wanting to buy stuff really piss me off
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 01-24-2006 at 09:51 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I won an auction for a pair of red Puma daps from this German chap, 55 Euros I had to pay.

Then I discovered he wouldn't accept Paypal (my fault for not checking). My A in GCSE German was less use that you'd think as he seemed to speak aoler German (Gurahl was stumped too).

So I didn't know what he wanted me to do. He just stopped emailing me in the end. Duno if I've got negative feedback - don't care much neither
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast