Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Car accident.

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    I'm in the us, but I was driving the speed limit, he broke the law.
    What law did he break? He pulled out of a KFC slip-road and then tried to turn left.

I'm confused. Is that not allowed in the States?

As soon as he pulled out, you should have braked and been wary, and probably called him a wanker a couple of times, but at least have been on the ball enough to not ram him up the arse...

2. Lounge   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Why don't you just accept responsibility for your own actions and learn from it. Because if you don't the next time you are driving without paying attention to your surroundings you may find you are no longer alive to cry about it after.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Feck, I always drive without really thinking what I'm doing.

I suspect everyone does. It's impossible to take a 30 minute car journey without your mind wandering for at least thirty seconds. At least.
    My mind probably wanders for closer to 25 minutes of the thirty.

The kid was unlucky, give him a break.

Duffman, if the guy was breaking the law - try to get legal aid (if that exists in America) and tell the solicitor to handle matters for you. Otherwise, you'll have to take the insurance hit
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    try to get aids (if that exists in America) and tell the solicitor to handle matters for you.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #25
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Another thing is that you say you totaled your car. You don't do that at low speeds.
    Well thats wrong for starters.

My friend hit a Jeep up the arse in his XR2i at about 5 mph, the XR2i was written off, the jeep was unscratched

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    try to get aids (if that exists in America) and tell the solicitor to handle matters for you.
    Oh yeah, aids exists in America alright.

That's where it started. Apparently, too many of their citizens were shagging circus monkeys and the disease made the jump from chimp to human

Bit like bird flu in asia, except more bestial.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #27
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

I suspect everyone does. It's impossible to take a 30 minute car journey without your mind wandering for at least thirty seconds. At least.

I can give him a break for being unlucky, we all make mistakes. What I can't accept is trying to avoid responsibility for mistakes.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

I can give him a break for being unlucky, we all make mistakes. What I can't accept is trying to avoid responsibility for mistakes.
    How can you tell that he is responsible.

I certainly can't - which is why I advised getting a legal representation.

No point telling him to take responsibility for the accident if he wasn't actually to blame. That's just silly.

Okay, he's seventeen and an inexperienced driver but let's not be judgmental.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    He wants to hope that Judge Mental isn't presiding over the case

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    It was a 2 lane road, he made a right turn into the left lane, I thought he was going straight, and then he just stopped, I slammed the breaks and skidded into him, my car sank down when it skidded, I went under his car and caught my radiator and head light on his bumper and moved them back about a foot. His car had some scratches, and his muffler was hanging 3 inches or so, but it was fine.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast