Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Lite Redesign

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by McStabhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN AND SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM IT WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR.
    I was gonna say something like that but i thought let fanboys be fanboys
    Well...the PSP is better.

This comes from notafanboy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by McStabhappy
    I was gonna say something like that but i thought let fanboys be fanboys

True.

3. Games   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

True.

Yup. In fact the 2 screens on the DS are rarely used to great effect.

Who the fuck wants to steer a driving game with a screen steering wheel?

Good games are screwed up by developers forcing use of the second screen which was the whole gimmick of the DS in the first place.

I'm almost happy to see Nintendo fall. Their willingness to simply be different amounts to stupidity.

The moment Sony entered the market they stole Nintendo's crown and never looked back. The bad part, Nintendo continues to sink into mediocrity. They didn't embrace DVD for fear of piracy yet I have 10 GC titles compared 10x that in Xbox and PS2 titles (bought) each. Way to stomp piracy.

I tell you what. If all Nintendo has to offer on the Revolution is GC graphics, some gimmick games using their new remote, and playing old titles they can go fuck themselves and the best thing they can do is be bought or turn into a software company.

The Dreamcast was actually a good system and look what happened.

Nintendo survives on Pokemon dung fumes. What a shitter.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-27-2006 at 04:23 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Yeah... the whole idea of having two screens... well... what's the point? Most of the DS games work like this: one of the screens shows the game, the other screen shows your status... like Castlevania...

What's the point? Why not just press start to see the status/map screen? Why not get rid of the second screen, make the DS smaller, and reduce the price... I guess some people are just too damn lazy to just press start...

I'd rather have one great looking widescreen, instead of two smaller ones, especially when most games only need one screen...

EDIT: Damn... really... just use the D-Pad to steer you car...

Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 01-27-2006 at 04:17 AM.

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Yeah... the whole idea of having two screens... well... what's the point? Most of the DS games work like this: one of the screens shows the game, the other screen shows your status... like Castlevania...

What's the point? Why not just press start to see the status/map screen? Why not get rid of the second screen, make the DS smaller, and reduce the price... I guess some people are just too damn lazy to just press start...

I'd rather have one great looking widescreen, instead of two smaller ones, especially when most games only need one screen...

EDIT: Damn... really... just use the D-Pad to steer you car...

I do like seeing the map on the other screen but it's not the crowning achievement of uses for a dual screen.

True, hit start. I don't need to see how many defense points I have at a glance.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-27-2006 at 04:25 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Games   -   #16
    Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket all had better graphics abilities than Game Boy. PSP has better graphics abilities than Nintendo DS. but what was there to play on those other systems, and what is there to play on PSP? PSP just doesn't have PSP gamez, it doesn't have games that are distinctly PSP. as in "this game feels like it was meant to be played on a PSP." it has ports, ports, ports, and more ports of PS2 games. it has games that feel like they were meant to be played on a PS2. which i suppose is really exciting to some people, but not to me.

not that GBA and DS don't have their fair share of ports too, but they also have plenty of original material too. see Jacker's example: an all-new Castlevania game for DS, not just a conversion of a Castlevania game that you could already play on 3 other consoles. and that's what PSP needs: actual portable games, a broader selection with a broader appeal, not just games for the guy who always wished he could play all his PS2 games on a handheld system. there prolly is not much chance of a good 2D Castlevania game being released on PSP, though, as Sony apparently says "3D ONLY." or is it "ports of 3D PS2 games only"?

and yeah, the selection of games on N64 was poor, the selection of games on GameCube was poor, the selection of games on Revolution will probably be poor. but GBA and DS do not have that problem at all. PSP is in danger of becoming the BetaMax of 3D handheld game consoles, if its selection of games doesn't seriously improve.

also: THIS IS NOT A PSP THREAD lol
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 01-27-2006 at 06:19 AM.

7. Games   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket all had better graphics abilities than Game Boy. PSP has better graphics abilities than Nintendo DS. but what was there to play on those other systems, and what is there to play on PSP? PSP just doesn't have PSP gamez, it doesn't have games that are distinctly PSP. as in "this game feels like it was meant to be played on a PSP." it has ports, ports, ports, and more ports of PS2 games. it has games that feel like they were meant to be played on a PS2. which i suppose is really exciting to some people, but not to me. not that GBA and DS don't have their fair share of ports too, but they also have plenty of original material too (see Jacker's example: an all-new Castlevania game for DS, not just a conversion of a Castlevania game that you could already play on 3 other consoles). and that's what PSP needs: actual portable games, a broader selection with a broader appeal, not just games for the FPS/madden/burnout guy who always wished he could play all his PS2 games on a handheld system.

and yeah, the selection of games on N64 was poor, the selection of games on GameCube was poor, the selection of games on Revolution will probably be poor. but GBA and DS do not have that problem at all. PSP is in danger of becoming the BetaMax of 3D handheld game consoles, if its selection of games doesn't seriously improve.

also: THIS IS NOT A PSP THREAD lol
    I know what you speak of with the games.

No other system came out as strong as the PSP did. It already has a fan base that has crossed, not the usual GB game players, but folks who never thought to get a portable player.

I think the DS has more to fear here.

Market share has been taken away and it's only getting worse for the DS. I have more than one console but won't consider getting 2 portables (unless of course hot (or a super sale) or modded at a great low price.

It's a matter of time before a unique Castlevania hits the DS and so forth.

Compared to the PSP, the DS is a piece of shit with the redeeming quality of backward compatibility.

The Betamax comparison doesn't work because the PSP is not essentially the same system as a DS with one minor difference. You see Beta's only flaw was recording time. It had a noticeably better picture and more compact tapes.

The PSP may not have as many unique games yet but how long will backward compatibility trump a superior portable game console with an established game giant behind it?

Sony, unlike Microsoft has a great ability to garner good exclusive games.

...and the PSP plays movies, ffs. (I personally think buying movies that only play on a portable is incrrrrredibly stupid but that hasn't stopped folk from doing it, they cost the same as DVDs )

edit: found a deja vu thread
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-27-2006 at 06:30 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #18
    AllStarMVP73
    People who already bought a DS before the redesign shouldn't worry too much because the only differences are it's lighter, smaller, and has a brighter backlight. The only tweak that they did matters (IMO) is the brighter backlight. You can never go wrong with that.
    Last edited by AllStarMVP73; 01-27-2006 at 06:44 AM.

9. Games   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AllStarMVP73
    People who already bought a DS before the redesign shouldn't worry too much because the only differences are it's lighter, smaller, and has a brighter backlight. The only tweak that they did matters (IMO) is the brighter backlight. You can never go wrong with that.
    I thought the better redesign "jump" was the GBA to the SP. That was noice.

So far I've only played other folks portables and gave them as gifts.

One was the Gameboy Color that I got on super sale, the other was a PSP I got for $100 last year.

I wanted a PSP for myself but the fella only had one. When he got more in, I was unavailable so I missed out. I shoulda prepayed him since I knew him well.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Games   -   #20
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    DS is shit

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast