Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Lite Redesign

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    If u have the money u may as well... Unless u already have it. I like the new design tho, it was looking a little cheap before.

2. Games   -   #42

3. Games   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Doesn't look that different to me. I, however, don't have a DS either.

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #44
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    tis a lot better.

if it wasn't nintendos intention, i'd feel daft for getting the old one *unsure

5. Games   -   #45
    it's not a huge difference in size. a bit smaller in all dimensions (length, width, thickness). but it will have brighter clearer screens. there will be a noticeable improvement. prolly on par with the screens of the latest GBA SP ("now with brighter back lit screen") and GB Micro... both of which are just better than the original DS's screens, and better than the first GBA SP too (which wasn't even back lit but front lit, and had a washed-out appearance due to the fact it was just an old-skool GBA screen with a light shining across its surface).
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-15-2006 at 08:50 PM.

6. Games   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    it's not a huge difference in size. a bit smaller in all dimensions (length, width, thickness). but it will have brighter clearer screens. there will be a noticeable improvement. prolly on par with the screens of the latest GBA SP ("now with brighter back lit screen") and GB Micro... both of which are just better than the original DS's screens, and better than the first GBA SP too (which wasn't even back lit but front lit, and had a washed-out appearance due to the fact it was just an old-skool GBA screen with a light shining across its surface).
    Gotcha. Basically Nintendo will get money for DS Lite (mostly from those with a DS already) for designs that were in previous portable designs by Nintendo.

It is nice for those of us who waited though.

I'm sure they had this planned all along.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    yup planned obsolescence. there's a number of ways to achieve that: make a crappy product that falls apart after a certain time so people hafta buy a new one, just leave out some feature that coulda been included from the start (like better-quality screen) so people will want the new model when the company finally does it right, or etc etc.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-15-2006 at 09:06 PM.

8. Games   -   #48
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    In any case, evolution is nice.

Opera web browser and TV tuner for DS:
    http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3341

9. Games   -   #49
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    yup planned obsolescence. there's a number of ways to achieve that: make a crappy product that falls apart after a certain time so people hafta buy a new one, just leave out some feature that coulda been included from the start (like better-quality screen) so people will want the new model when the company finally does it right, or etc etc.

i've had mine well over a year. i've racked up hundreds of hours and dropped it on stone floors several times, open and closed. it's taken a hell of a beating and not got so much as a dead pixel. The only thing i'd complain about is maybe giving it an option to amplify the wireless.

does look ugly and the new one looks pretty though

10. Games   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS
    In any case, evolution is nice.

Opera web browser and TV tuner for DS:
    http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3341
    Now that's tight!!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast