Thread: norton antivirus

Angry

this was pre installed on my sister inlaws pc trial version (3 months) i'm now trying to remove it .......its norton 2003 got a removal tool but still there..in the bottom right hand corner with a red cross through it.......was deleted but folder is in program files and cant delete it......how do you get shot of this.....please !

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    use that windows program....i think its called windows tune up 2006

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

Tongue

i'll look for that

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Use the windows TaskManager to kill any processes involving "Symantec" or "Norton". You will need to delete all references to NAV as well. Search the registry for any references involving the terms "symantec", "liveupdate" and "norton". Then remove them. Most likely there are also folders within C:\Documents amd Settings\[UserName]\Symantec\...

You will, most likely, need to reboot that PC afterwards.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    Use the windows TaskManager to kill any processes involving "Symantec" or "Norton". You will need to delete all references to NAV as well. Search the registry for any references involving the terms "symantec", "liveupdate" and "norton". Then remove them. Most likely there are also folders within C:\Documents amd Settings\[UserName]\Symantec\...

You will, most likely, need to reboot that PC afterwards.

think I've seen leftovers in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ " as well
    I had Norton '03 before, it was a pain in the ass to remove

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    These sort of program usually get loaded at startby by a registry key in

hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run

You can use regedit to delete the key.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    try this

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

tool to remove everything to do with norton

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Incidentally, along with a lot of other people I'm really unimpressed with the quality of symantec software these days.

They reccently bought and killed sygate personal firewall, which says to me that norton internet security could not compete on quality.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.