Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIFA WorldCup, Germany 2006.

worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    "Welcome to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™"

Seventeen years after the fall of the Berlin wall, a reunified Germany will throw open its doors to the world.
    Germany 2006 will be a place where people from all around the world will be welcomed by friends, in the spirit of the striking slogan chosen by the organisers:
    Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden.

The tournament is being held on the finest stage in the world, one whose symbolism far transcends the boundaries of sport.
    Hark back to Germany’s triumph at the 1954 FIFA World Cup in Switzerland, which sealed the country’s return to
    the international fold in the most beautiful manner possible. ...continues

I love this Tournament, and enjoy it like no other, really!.
    It's only six months (apx) and I'm already exited about it; I remember staying up till very early to catch the matches from the KoreaJapan 2002,
    it was aired at like 2am here in Tijuana, but it was worth, cus there is no better played 'fut bol', than the one played at the WorldCup. I love it!
    And the inauguration gala just adds to the exitement, but saddly I believe it has been calceled...
    I was looking foward to seeing the Black Eyed Peas.

By the way,
    Mexico just had a match against Norway,
    "We Won", 2 to 1.
    And most interesting is that it was the return of 'Cuautemoc Blanco', a very controversial player
    with an 'atitude', but actually, this time he behaved and did well, I don't like him at all,
    but given this change of his, I can reconsider my pisition,

But the one Im really waiting for, is scheduled for Feb 15,
    against Korea, this team did very well in 2002 WorlCup.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Match Schedule

Group Standings

Actually worldpease can you put these in your post.

I'll delete mine afterwards.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-28-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    cool, I cant wait. I'm goin for team Germany because too many people are going for Brazil (Who were my favourite team)

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I can't wait for the world cup

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Brazil are obvious favourites. Germany are in transition right now, like Arsenal, too many young shyte players mixed with the odd piece of quality. Holland look good but might not have enough to go all the way. Italy never win Portugal & Spain look alright but i don't think they have enough. Argentina have a good squad, some great players; Aimar, Tevez, Saviola, Messi, Riquelme and Crespo.

England won't do it, shyte manager, no decent striker apart from the starting two. No cover for left back and right back there is only Bridge who is no where near fit. Too many weaknesses.

Brazil Holland final for me.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Holland? no way. they didnt even make it to the '02 world cup.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Holland? no way. they didnt even make it to the '02 world cup.

A lot has changed. The Holland of 2002 was made up of older has-been players. The new coach has introduced a wave of young talent (Nigel De Jong, Robben, Van Der Vaart, Robin van Pepsi) and mixed it was raw talent and experience (RVN, Van Der Sar, Davids).

Trust me they have improved massivly since Euro 2004 where they did great. Holland have a better chance than Germany, England, Italy, Spain & Portugal.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Holland have a better chance than Germany, England, Italy, Spain & Portugal.
    I beg to differ

actually, I tihnk you might be right

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Germany have a few good players, Ballack, Sweinstieger (sp?) Diesler however there surrounded by utter crap like Robert Huth. They are weak in defence, have a good midfield but are lacking up front with only 1 decent striker.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Australia is going to win it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast