Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: boycotts of Danish goods in middle East!

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    This is a link to the drawings...
    http://www.newspaperindex.com/blog/2...posten-racism/
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-31-2006 at 11:50 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    These are a link to the drawings...
    http://www.newspaperindex.com/blog/2...posten-racism/
    You just earned yourself a Fatwah...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    as some of you may know there is a boycotts of Danish goods in middle east from past few days because of a Danish news paper by making ridicules cartoon of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh), also few countries including sudia Arabia and labia withdraw their ambassadors from there, I want to point a view of mine.
    http://www.upi.com/InternationalInte...0-052626-1117r

In the answer to why did this news paper made that cartoon they said it was to show the freedom of speech, I want to know what kind of freedom is that, even if that is stepping over our moral believes. To me it was very stupid comment that they were showing freedom of speech, they could go on political leaders but they had to make fun of religious matters. maybe to them religious matter is noting and they can make fun of Jesus as they regularly do(no offence meant, we believe in him and have huge respect for him, prophet Eesa is mentioned with respect in Quran) any time they want but that doesn’t work here, we don’t tolerate with those kind of things. The news paper site was destroyed by a hacker and was back last days and apologized in a way that "we got it wrong".
    Denmark ambassador in Saudi Arabia said 100million damage was made overall middle east in few days cuz of boycotts, and now the foreign minister is waiting for an act by our governments for what is happening, I say how the feck they can blem us for whets happening, we deserve an apologies and they asking us for one.
    These boycotts will continue even if Denmark government apologies so it could be a lesson for those who think they can go away with this kind of act.
    Since I'm bored, here's why this is fucking stupid:

It wasn't denmark (or later on norway) that did it, it was one newspaper, and not one speaking for the danish governement, or the danish people.

They've got this thing called freedom of speech, where the government doesn't censor papers before they are published. Sure, it's prolly really stupid, and maybe hurtful, but it wasn't the work of the danish people. Yet you'd mess with their economy, and also that of norway, since the drawings were published there too.

It's not the entire danish people's fault, it's the idiots running the paper(s). And, last I checked it wasn't a paper intended for your market, fuck, I'd never have heard of this if it hadn't been for this idiocy, and compared to you I live next door.

So you are screwing with a couple of nations far away from you, over something a few people printed in one of their papers.

Kinda' makes me think of when other idiots blame all arabs for the actions of a few deranged terrorists.

Far as I'm concerned, those members of the danish people who had done nothing wrong here can blame you for any economical problems, if you stand by it, 'cos what you want to do is to mess with an entire people, of which not even one percent are guilty of this particular crime, and that's no more right than publishing the stuff in the first place.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-31-2006 at 07:46 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Surely freedom of speech is an absolute, isn't that the point.
    ja, so it's fair to act offended.

by that i suppose it's also fair for us to call this whole thing silly
    Yes, yes indeed.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    as some of you may know there is a boycotts of Danish goods in middle east from past few days because of a Danish news paper by making ridicules cartoon of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh), also few countries including sudia Arabia and labia withdraw their ambassadors from there, I want to point a view of mine.
    http://www.upi.com/InternationalInte...0-052626-1117r

In the answer to why did this news paper made that cartoon they said it was to show the freedom of speech, I want to know what kind of freedom is that, even if that is stepping over our moral believes. To me it was very stupid comment that they were showing freedom of speech, they could go on political leaders but they had to make fun of religious matters. maybe to them religious matter is noting and they can make fun of Jesus as they regularly do(no offence meant, we believe in him and have huge respect for him, prophet Eesa is mentioned with respect in Quran) any time they want but that doesn’t work here, we don’t tolerate with those kind of things. The news paper site was destroyed by a hacker and was back last days and apologized in a way that "we got it wrong".
    Denmark ambassador in Saudi Arabia said 100million damage was made overall middle east in few days cuz of boycotts, and now the foreign minister is waiting for an act by our governments for what is happening, I say how the feck they can blem us for whets happening, we deserve an apologies and they asking us for one.
    These boycotts will continue even if Denmark government apologies so it could be a lesson for those who think they can go away with this kind of act.
    Since I'm bored, here's why this is fucking stupid:

It wasn't denmark (or later on norway) that did it, it was one newspaper, and not one speaking for the danish governement, or the danish people.

They've got this thing called freedom of speech, where the government doesn't censor papers before they are published. Sure, it's prolly really stupid, and maybe hurtful, but it wasn't the work of the danish people. Yet you'd mess with their economy, and also that of norway, since the drawings were published there too.

It's not the entire danish people's fault, it's the idiots running the paper(s). And, last I checked it wasn't a paper intended for your market, fuck, I'd never have heard of this if it hadn't been for this idiocy, and compared to you I live next door.

So you are screwing with a couple of nations far away from you, over something a few people printed in one of their papers.

Kinda' makes me think of when other idiots blame all arabs for the actions of a few deranged terrorists.

Far as I'm concerned, those members of the danish people who had done nothing wrong here can blame you for any economical problems, if you stand by it, 'cos what you want to do is to mess with an entire people, of which not even one percent are guilty of this particular crime, and that's no more right than publishing the stuff in the first place.
    Fucking beast of a post!!!

but, but, but it's their religion and, and, and they are, are, are really serious about it.

Danish people and Norwegians must die.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-31-2006 at 09:52 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    but, but, but it's their religion and, and, and they are, are, are really serious about it.

Like that Van Gogh character?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

http://www.answers.com/topic/theo-va...ector?method=6

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Thank you very much.

Read, B.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    According to Bawa's thinking because some nutter from the middle east blew up the world trade centres then they all think it's good. So im gonna boycott everything to do with the middle east, an dinfact any country near them. They all want to blow me up

Bawa - there is such a think as freedom of speach. So because i say your a wanker that does not (<----read that part its important) mean that every British person thinks your a wanker, but if every british person knew you i'm sure they'd agree with me.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast