Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: boycotts of Danish goods in middle East!

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Urgent

as some of you may know there is a boycotts of Danish goods in middle east from past few days because of a Danish news paper by making ridicules cartoon of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh), also few countries including sudia Arabia and labia withdraw their ambassadors from there, I want to point a view of mine.
    http://www.upi.com/InternationalInte...0-052626-1117r

In the answer to why did this news paper made that cartoon they said it was to show the freedom of speech, I want to know what kind of freedom is that, even if that is stepping over our moral believes. To me it was very stupid comment that they were showing freedom of speech, they could go on political leaders but they had to make fun of religious matters. maybe to them religious matter is noting and they can make fun of Jesus as they regularly do(no offence meant, we believe in him and have huge respect for him, prophet Eesa is mentioned with respect in Quran) any time they want but that doesn’t work here, we don’t tolerate with those kind of things. The news paper site was destroyed by a hacker and was back last days and apologized in a way that "we got it wrong".
    Denmark ambassador in Saudi Arabia said 100million damage was made overall middle east in few days cuz of boycotts, and now the foreign minister is waiting for an act by our governments for what is happening, I say how the feck they can blem us for whets happening, we deserve an apologies and they asking us for one.
    These boycotts will continue even if Denmark government apologies so it could be a lesson for those who think they can go away with this kind of act.
    Last edited by BawA; 01-30-2006 at 12:39 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Did they used to sell alot of bacon in Muslim countries before this all happened then?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    dont know whats that but mostly dairy goods like puck cheese r being sold.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    GTFOOH.

They don't boycott over there.

They behead.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    as some of you may know there is a boycotts of Danish goods in middle east from past few days because of a Danish news paper by making ridicules cartoon of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh), also few countries including sudia Arabia and labia withdraw their ambassadors from there, I want to point a view of mine.
    Sorry, I know we're not supposed to laugh at people who's first language is not English, but do you mean Libya?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GTFOOH.

They behead.
    your the perfict example of what that person who made that cartoon belived.
    if ur realy from zimbabwe u should know better then me what happens in ur own country.
    Last edited by BawA; 01-30-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Benjamen button

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Sorry, I know we're not supposed to laugh at people who's first language is not English, but do you mean Libya?
    yeh, feckin MSword changed the word when i was checking the spelling
    Last edited by BawA; 01-30-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Benjamen button

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    It's just that labia withdrawal means something completely different...

EDIT: Sorry, let me try and be on-topic:

I sympathize with you if you are offended by cartoons of your religions founder, however this reminds me of the whole Salman Rushdie Fatwa thing, and I am sure there are other examples:

What is it about the Muslim faith that is so scared of criticizm?

I shouldn't single out Islam really, because fundamental Christianity has the same problem I think, especially in the US, but anyway, can't you rise above it and see the funny side?
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 01-30-2006 at 01:31 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    GTFOOH.

They behead.
    your the perfict example of what that person who made that cartoon belived.
    if ur realy from zimbabwe u should know better then me what happens in ur own country.
    Oh gawd, I only draw on the numerous occasions where people over your way get offended and call for an execution. :salmon rushdie:

Of course they are boycotting Danish goods. Has anyone issued a fatwah yet?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    you know whats the diffrence between us and west, they dont belive in religious as much as we do, we do take certain thoughts from others about the religious belives offended but u guys dont, if u dont agree with something keep it to your self u dont need to make a book about it and anger a entire muslim world, majority is above one persons beliving.
    u guys may dont take a bad word offensive about the bible but we do, what salman rushdie(cursing the quruan) did was crossing the line, if it wasnt wrong entire muslim wouldnt take it offensive just whats now happened in denmark.

Benjamen button

Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast