Thread: ScummVM

Question Mark

Very unfimiliar with ScummVM
    2 questions:
    1.The only directory it has is C, (normal?)
    2.Is this normal and can i take downloaded game files and transfer them here to play?

2. Games   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've only been using it on linux, so I can't say for certain if it's the same, but I think you can browse to whatever folder you want. And you should be able to pick the place you install it in as well. I think

Only game I play with scumm atm is beneath a steel sky.

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php <- get the latest stuff there, in case you've got a dodgy version.

3. Games   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Only game I play with scumm atm is beneath a steel sky.
    Spooky, I've used it just once for exactly the same game. I remember the ScummVm program being quite simple to use, maybe I'll check back in on this thread when I finish work.

4. Games   -   #4
    It might be easy to use, i haven't really tried because my games aren't completely downloaded (im using bittorrent and these files go SO slow or they're unreliable)-i guess the real question is how to go about getting the right files for the game to use it on ScummVM

5. Games   -   #5
    Maybe you could dl games from the site where you download scumm (as linked above), that way the files would be adapted to it.

Just a thought. Far too easy to be feasible, perhaps.

6. Games   -   #6
    Well ive run into a lot of problems. First, the Scumm site suggests to buy the games on EBAY...the games im looking for, it seems, are hard to come by (im not an Ebay person, honestly) On other forums, they've suggested to use bittorrent, some have even said that you can't talk about downloading games that are still being sold in stores-then someone said that wasn't true, that MI 1, Loom, DOTT, and S&M HTR are not even sold anymore (they came out in the late 80's, early 90's i think)
    If i could go to a store and buy it, it would be a lot easier, i don't trust ebay and i misplaced these CD's. What a mess!

7. Games   -   #7
    Hmm, ok, if there's nothing on the site you want, I don't think bt is the way to go.

Make sure you know what the name of the file is, then try searching for it on something like emule. BT is no good for stuff like this, 'cos it isn't popular enough.

And, I really do recommend beneath a steel sky, which I got off that site.