Thread: UK court to unmask 'file-sharers'

vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    [news=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41274000/jpg/_41274160_pirated_xp203.jpg]Ten internet service providers have been ordered to hand over the details of 150 UK customers accused of illegally sharing software.

The High Court order follows a 12-month covert investigation by the Federation Against Software Theft (Fast).

Among the internet providers are BT, NTL, Telewest and Tiscali.

Over the next two weeks, they are expected to provide the names, addresses and other personal details of the alleged file-sharers.

'First wave'

An undercover investigator working for Fast in a project codenamed Operation Tracker identified 150 people suspected of illegally sharing software.

Most file-sharers use false names and e-mail addresses. So the software anti-piracy group went to the High Court to force the internet providers to hand over customer details.

Source: bbc news[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    thats not good.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    sucks for u guys in the UK...

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    who knows when it will be the us...i dont wanna be caught with over 60gigs of music on my computer, good to burn your harddrive when they knock on your door...

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    who knows when it will be the us...i dont wanna be caught with over 60gigs of music on my computer, good to burn your harddrive when they knock on your door...
    They already have and still are doing it in the US and on a greater scale than a mere 150 users.

Old news over here.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Yea that does suck, I would have to destroy 3 whole computers (about 8 hard drives) lol, maybe i should invest in that weird magnetic wand that destroys hard drives or one of these lol http://www.garner-products.com/PD-8400.htm
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 01-31-2006 at 08:07 AM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Dammit, you just can't have anything to yourself anymore! All this ruckus over "file sharing", I thought the fucking war was taking place in Iraq!

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    i think there's more "fear factor" they are playing on than the real war...

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well good thing i do not use ilegal software coz there are so many free ones that do much better jobs. There is a zone alarm pro but who wants that when there is a free version same goes for me AVG antivirus.....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    the war has begun