Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Files getting deleted

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    on my 2nd hdd, I keep getting explorer.exe problem when I go to specific folders. Could it be that the files are corrupt when I reformatted my master hdd? Some of my movies had fused with other movies and some rars were corrupt that were fine before. Because of this, I had to reformat again today. this is the 2nd time in a month. any help would be appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Sigh, so after the reformat its still fecked?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yea, the files where I'd get the explorer.exe (C++ Runtime) error were, my cpu apps and pictures folder. I deleted most of the files in them, the pictures folder is fine. But some of my games and music are missing.

the error I got before reformatting was a blue screen and it said something like error 000001600 or something like that. I tried safe mode but that didnt load either.
    Last edited by maebach; 02-01-2006 at 03:23 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    all my songs are deleted, also 2 of my movies got deleted too. help please anybody

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    You could try using classic windows view. I had an explorer issue when I browsed a particular folder through network places. When I used windows classic view it didn't crash.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    have you considered the fact that someone might have hacked your pc...
    Pretty unlikely but it could be it...
    Also it could be a virus/trojan/worm from your 1st hd and had tranfered to the second one this is likely to happen too.. some worms are really hard to be detected and can do serious damage...
    Why don't you back up all the files that you need and then reformat both hard disks.
    Who knows, maybe the next time you are going to open your pc windows may be missing and not just few files!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I backed up my files from my 2nd hdd. and I am burning it onto a DVD. I think I'm going to reformat the 2nd hdd. I too thought it could be a hacker. I have as-watch and sygate. my router firewall, and windows firewall are off.

should I reformat my 2nd hdd then? it's only my second that has the problems. and I scanned with AVG, and there were no viruses.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Turn on the router firewall.

After you get all your files backed up... Use killdisk to erase the whole drive. Then remake the partitions and start from scratch.

Don't connect to the internet until you have security installed!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I turned on the router firewall, and I used partition magic to format the 2nd hdd. I have AVG, sygate, and ad-watch. so far Its ok. most of my pictures and music was deleted before I backed up.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    It's happening again!!!!!!!!!

my songs are getting messed up with my movies, and my movies dont have any audio and are corrupte4d

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast