Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: What's so "free" about this

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    story
    Cindy Sheehan was arrested Tuesday in the House gallery after refusing to cover up a T-shirt bearing an anti-war slogan before President Bush's State of the Union address.
    the T-shirt said, "2,245 Dead. How many more?" -- a reference to the number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq.
    When the president is giving a speech and includes a message that "we are fighting the enemies of freedom" why was she not allowed to wear this "statement"?

I will add that I'm not sure if there is a rule barring all political messages so it may be the case that if she was wearing a "we fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here" slogan then she would have suffered the same treatment, however to me this smacks of censorship.

She was not standing up and shouting, she was not causing a disturbance.

Edit:

Apparently the wife of congressman young was asked to leave because she was wearing a "support our troops" t.shirt. So there isn't a bias.

Iraq=Oil

America NEEDS oil

America>Iraq

America Iraq

Iraq=angel1:

America=

America with Oil=

Our quality of life=preserved

So why the fuck do we care? Let those troops die, they die to preserve our quality of life. No one made them go. They enlisted or volunteered. America will collapse without oil, and the only way to get it is to pretty much invade Iraq.

That's the sad thing, everyone in North America is like, "OMG, the world is such a sad place, we have to help people in Africa, Iraq, etc." But they don't really give a fuck because majority of people still don't do enough to stop the war in Iraq because they're afraid of decreasing their quality of life.

I'm not a cold-blooded shitfuck, but really, who gives a shit about couple thousand Americans dying? Their family members? Well, maybe they should have educated their sons better so their sons could have ended up becoming a lawyer or doctor instead of becoming Bush's pawn. It's a cruel world, survival of the fittest and those soldier who died CHOSE to join the army, if they paid more attention in high school they probably could have had more options other than joining the suicidal US Army.

Did you know that the world spends hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons every year while it only takes about a couple hundred million USD to feed everyone in third-world countries? That farmers in Canada would burn crops to lower the supply so the demand and price ratio stays up? To me, that's fucked but that's just the way the world has become. No one, not one person or even a group of people can change that so we just have to live with this fact.

So a simple violation of some random woman's right? That won't even come close to leaving a mark in history. She was stupid to wear such a t-shirt that would potentially get her into shit. She was unlucky and no one can do a thing about it nor give a fuck. End of story.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    story

When the president is giving a speech and includes a message that "we are fighting the enemies of freedom" why was she not allowed to wear this "statement"?

I will add that I'm not sure if there is a rule barring all political messages so it may be the case that if she was wearing a "we fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here" slogan then she would have suffered the same treatment, however to me this smacks of censorship.

She was not standing up and shouting, she was not causing a disturbance.

Edit:

Apparently the wife of congressman young was asked to leave because she was wearing a "support our troops" t.shirt. So there isn't a bias.

Iraq=Oil

America NEEDS oil

America>Iraq

America Iraq

Iraq=angel1:

America=

America with Oil=

Our quality of life=preserved

So why the fuck do we care? Let those troops die, they die to preserve our quality of life. No one made them go. They enlisted or volunteered. America will collapse without oil, and the only way to get it is to pretty much invade Iraq.

That's the sad thing, everyone in North America is like, "OMG, the world is such a sad place, we have to help people in Africa, Iraq, etc." But they don't really give a fuck because majority of people still don't do enough to stop the war in Iraq because they're afraid of decreasing their quality of life.

I'm not a cold-blooded shitfuck, but really, who gives a shit about couple thousand Americans dying? Their family members? Well, maybe they should have educated their sons better so their sons could have ended up becoming a lawyer or doctor instead of becoming Bush's pawn. It's a cruel world, survival of the fittest and those soldier who died CHOSE to join the army, if they paid more attention in high school they probably could have had more options other than joining the suicidal US Army.

Did you know that the world spends hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons every year while it only takes about a couple hundred million USD to feed everyone in third-world countries? That farmers in Canada would burn crops to lower the supply so the demand and price ratio stays up? To me, that's fucked but that's just the way the world has become. No one, not one person or even a group of people can change that so we just have to live with this fact.

So a simple violation of some random woman's right? That won't even come close to leaving a mark in history. She was stupid to wear such a t-shirt that would potentially get her into shit. She was unlucky and no one can do a thing about it nor give a fuck. End of story.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You're kind of young to be so cynical, but I understand the compulsion.

Time will soften your view, unless you choose to retain it out of some sense of pride in your "realistic" outlook.

I wish better for you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Time will soften your view, unless you choose to retain it out of some sense of pride in your "realistic" outlook.

I wish better for you.
    ouch That was some "soft" and "buttered" ownage...
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Did you know that the world spends hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons every year while it only takes about a couple hundred million USD to feed everyone in third-world countries?
    Could you tell me where these figures come from, particularly regarding the cost of feeding "everyone in third world countries".

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

I wish better for you.
    ouch That was some "soft" and "buttered" ownage...
    I specialize in high-cholesterol counseling.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Did you know that the world spends hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons every year while it only takes about a couple hundred million USD to feed everyone in third-world countries?
    Could you tell me where these figures come from, particularly regarding the cost of feeding "everyone in third world countries".
    As an addendum, don't forget to provide evidence on the deliberate price-setting the Canadian farmers are doing...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    As an addendum, don't forget to provide evidence on the deliberate price-setting the Canadian farmers are doing...

I think you'll find the evidence here
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456