Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible speeds! need help badly!

Alright my brother just baught a new pc and i had to share the connection with him.. so we have established a router..

The sites load quickly but the torrents get extremely low speeds!!!

I have an 1Mb DSL and i use utorrent.. I download from Filelist pisexy and torrentleech and i usually get 40-60 KB/s with Zone Alarm on

Now i have 2 downloads going from filelist and i barely get 5KB/s of download speed as a total!!!!!

Any ideas guys???

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean
    Alright my brother just baught a new pc and i had to share the connection with him.. so we have established a router..

The sites load quickly but the torrents get extremely low speeds!!!

I have an 1Mb DSL and i use utorrent.. I download from Filelist pisexy and torrentleech and i usually get 40-60 KB/s with Zone Alarm on

Now i have 2 downloads going from filelist and i barely get 5KB/s of download speed as a total!!!!!

Any ideas guys???
    Is your brother downloading something as well?

What speed are you uploading at?(if it's at max this would affect d/l speed)

Have you forwarded the right ports?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    it realy dapends on if ur brother is downloading or uploading while ur downloading.

just download at night or something or tell him 2 stop downloading when u want to.

and ur better off downloading from a webserver rather than from p2p, as it can change at any time

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    As u have set up a router between ur computers, u have to forward the ports used by bittorrent. Thats what is resulting in low speed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by mufaa
    As u have set up a router between ur computers, u have to forward the ports used by bittorrent. Thats what is resulting in low speed.
    even with my ports forwarded i have trouble runningm certain torrent clients, i find that utorrent works the best.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    in uTorrent, check if u have Nat Error displayed in the status bar. if it shows NAT Error then ur ports forward arent working. if it shows Network OK that mean everything is fine.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    No my brother is not downloading anything nor uploading..I have already limited my upload.

I do have the NAT error.. how can i forward the ports to my router?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    what kind of router is it, model and make.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok its a micronet router

its model i think is SP888C i'm not sure if this is the model..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    http://portforward.com/english/route...P888Bindex.htm

that should help forwarding the ports. it's for model b, if you have c it shouldn't be very different at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast