Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Telephone Madness

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I phoned O2 today (UK Mobile supplier) to change Mrs JP from monthly contract to pay per view. The phone's in my name so they need me to phone. The lad said to me, rather than do that I can offer you a more appropriate contract. Mrs JP said "No, I just want to go to the pay as you go option". I suggested she listen to the fella, as it sounded like a good deal to me. She grudgingly agreed to this

Years contract - 100 minutes and 100 txt messages per month for £0. Yup no payment for the contract and nothing per month. The lad even gave us his full name, ext, managers name and ext to convince us that he wasn't joshing. As this allowance is more than her current use we took it.

I asked the chap to explain the business sense of this and he explained it thusly.

1. It costs them about £150 in admin to make the change.

2. They realized that they were losing customers and set up a "Retention Dept" which is who I was talking to.

3. They normally give such a deals to people who are paying for a handset, so get the full (non contract reduced) price for the phone.

4. I was a good spud and they wanted to keep my custom, therefore he offered me the deal, sans purchase of new handset.

So that's the phone free for a year - result.
    Last edited by JPaul; 02-02-2006 at 10:15 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    nice.

don't suppose you could call NTL for me?
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    NTL are wankers and they're customer service is pants, I've had enough problems with them in the 8 months i've been their customer

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    NTL are wankers and they're customer service is pants, I've had enough problems with them in the 8 months i've been their customer
    I find them OK, but then I've got a direct debit which pays them the price of a reasonable 3 bed semi every month. For this I expect good service.

Most recent dealings

Me - two boxes are fucked, fix them.

Them - Tomorrow pm OK

Me - I s'pose so.

The next day, 2 new boxes supplied, installed, activated and checked. They actually look better as well, which is nice.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    yup, ntl suck.

even though they has assured me i could have broadband through them, they turned up and after an hour of fooking about said the cable didn't run past my flat and couldn't have it.

i had to take 3/4 of day off work because they were late too.they had already taken £60 odd from my acc, and refuse to give it back saying it's a bank default.

i'm now still receiving calls from them about how i'm enjoying their service, to which they receive a few choice words, yet i still get the friggin' calls.

oh, and i keep getting red letters.
    though last time i called the swines they put me on hold for 10 mins. i hung up.

//end rant.
    Last edited by Lilmiss; 02-02-2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I find them OK, but then I've got a direct debit which pays them the price of a reasonable 3 bed semi every month. For this I expect good service.

Most recent dealings

Me - two boxes are fucked, fix them.

Them - Tomorrow pm OK

Me - I s'pose so.

The next day, 2 new boxes supplied, installed, activated and checked. They actually look better as well, which is nice.
    Nice.

I lose TV service at random times which infuriates me, admittedly i always pay their bil a month behind though

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    well i've got 4mb interweb and digital telly with telewest for £20 a month and it rawks

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    well i've got 4mb interweb and digital telly with telewest for £20 a month and it rawks
    NTL are buying Telewest. Fact

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I pay liek £45 a month for 2mb and a wanky tv package

I would have gone for Telewest but although they advertise in my area and thier vans' drive about my area they don't offer their services in my area.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    NTL are buying Telewest. Fact

you'll soon see Bo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast