Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bios

Hey

I have the Nf7-s rev 2. Tried to do a flash with the flashing program that comes with the motherboard cd. Did a flash and windows told me to reset. so i clicked ok and it started resetting. I waited for a couple mins and it didn't finish resetting as it does quite often, so i power it off. Now when i try to turn it on there is noo beep and the monitor has no signal because i am assuming it has no bios. I tryed reseting the Cmos and that didn't help.. I'm wondering if there are any troubleshotting paths i can take too see if my motherboard is ruined or not.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ouch.

The good news is that the board is probably fine, it's the BIOS that's fecked.
    Here is one option.
    Dunno what they charge, it might be cheaper to buy a board from classifieds.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Another is hot swapping never had to try myself and you could feck up the working computer too . You did n't backup oh well live and learn .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    how do i backup my current bios? and is there a chance something can mess up?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lastnight i took my ram out, to see if i could get the POST beeping to come back..... nothing happened.... so the only other troubleshooting path i could think of while waiting for replys from you guys was to take out the battery for the night....tried a boot this morning, no beeps or no monitor signal...took the ram back out and i got the POST beeping like it normaly would if it was missing ram... does this mean anything??
    Last edited by scottwile; 02-06-2006 at 05:36 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is that a trick question?

Is it working properly now?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I don't know if it's the case with your board, but if the system won't POST after trying to overclock on some nforce2 boards you can clear CMOS by holding down the Insert key while you power on, then releasing Insert and hitting Del to go into BIOS setup.

It may work for you and you'll lose nothing trying it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hey sorry about the confusion...
    ok... this is how it is... when i take all the ram out of the motherboard i get continuous beeping.... when i put the ram back in, i don't get any beeps. normally when everything is working properly it makes 1 beep then goes into post (as you probably know).
    i tried putting the ram back into the NF7-s, and allthough there was no post beep or beeping whatsoever, i tried resetting the CMOS with the jumper on the motherboard and it didn't fix the no signal, or give me the 1 post beep that it used to.

hope thats not overly confusing
    let me know if it isn't

thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It isn't.

You're going to have to contact Abit to see if you can get a replacement BIOS chip.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    wont that be hard to install?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast