Thread: DivX 5.2.1 MKV 5.1 Surround Sound Problem

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i've got some anime that are in divx 5.2.1 mkv format and i can't get 5.1 surround sound out of it. i've tried using mpc and wmp and both are just in 2.1. when i use vlc i get 5.1. i want to watch it in mpc though. is there something that i need to enable or install to get this to work?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Dunno what audio decoder you are using, but it is likely it is currently configured to output stereo sound. So have a look at the options of the audio decoder.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hrm, whatever audio decoder self installed at default using kazaa lite mega codec pack 1.50 beta is what i'm using. sorry for being no0b, but what do i do? and yeah, ur right. it's using stereo sound cuz i went to the fan subbers site to see wtf and same question on their site. didn't really understand their answer. they also directed me to cccp codec pack and same question in their forums. lol, didn't understand the answer either. of course i never posted, but someone else had asked this question so i decided to list it here. whew. anyway, could someone hold my hand and guide me thru this? if it turns out that i need to reinstall the klmcp can i just install over what i have or should it be a clean install of the program? thx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    While playing that file, click on Play in the MPC menu, then in Filters you can see which decoders are being used. Usually you can click on the filters to go directly to their options.

Btw, the K-Lite Codec Pack has an option to auto-configure the speaker settings for most of the included audio filters. That option can be found in the installer, at the bottom of the tasks page.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    what options do u mean?

also, last time i used kmlcp's speaker config is messed up my sound. didn't get 5.1 on anything. i'll just use realtek's ac'97 audio config.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 05-04-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    See the 'Mixer' page in the ffdshow audio config. It's near the bottom in the left column.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok, awesome! thank u so much. works now. i really appreciate it. thanks again!
    Alamo Drafthouse!