Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cars, cars, cars...

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Ok so who knows a lot about cars, I got into an accident, got the radiator out, its fine, turns out there was hose problems not rad problems, I got a new upper hose, gonna see about the lower one tomarrow. The only problem is that the tranny has two hoses that go into the radiator too, and I had to cut them off because the just would not come off. Now I might not be able to get these except over priced and from the dealer. Would it be alright if I just bypasses the radiator and put one hose onto the other. I know the car is fast and meant to go fast, but I just need work/school and minor coffee and smoke runs, so I just bypassed it and didn't drive excesivley fast would it kill the tranny.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    and didn't drive excesivley fast would it kill the tranny.
    only if you don't run him/her over

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Ok so who knows a lot about cars, I got into an accident, got the radiator out, its fine, turns out there was hose problems not rad problems, I got a new upper hose, gonna see about the lower one tomarrow. The only problem is that the tranny has two hoses that go into the radiator too, and I had to cut them off because the just would not come off. Now I might not be able to get these except over priced and from the dealer. Would it be alright if I just bypasses the radiator and put one hose onto the other. I know the car is fast and meant to go fast, but I just need work/school and minor coffee and smoke runs, so I just bypassed it and didn't drive excesivley fast would it kill the tranny.
    You're fine, carry on as is.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what car is it?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by HCT
    what car is it?
    I bet its Fiat Punto
    Spoiler: Show

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    No.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    You absolutely cannot drive the car without the transmission lines hooked up to the radiator. The transmission pumps oil through the radiator to keep the oil cool so it doesn’t over heat the transmission. As long as the car is running there will be oil pumping through those lines so if you disconnected them and tried to drive it would pump all the oil out and burn up the tranny.

If you decided to half ass repair the car now it will only lead to problems further on down the road. Repair it correctly and you’ll definitely save money in the long run.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The only problem is that the tranny has two hoses

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    The only problem is that the tranny has two hoses
    Hemaphrodite???

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Driving an automatic with the transmission cooling disabled is a very bad idea.
    Fix it first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast