Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the U.S. Senators

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    you think that statement only counts one way then huh.
    Oh, then the dems do have a plan to fix Social Security?
    I would say that doing nothing is actually better than the bush plan. You don't vote to make things worse. But then social security reforms for republicans is more about ideology than wishing to ensure people are covered.

Do the republicans have a plan to fix the 40+ million without healthcare or even make it affordable for those that just about have it?....

Hint: no

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Did it ever cross your mind that they might think the Bush plan sucked ball hair?
    Not that, specifically, no.

In fact I'm sure nobody but you would think that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13

I would say that doing nothing is actually better than the bush plan. You don't vote to make things worse. But then social security reforms for republicans is more about ideology than wishing to ensure people are covered.

Do the republicans have a plan to fix the 40+ million without healthcare or even make it affordable for those that just about have it?....

As I recall, there was some discord over the effect of Bush's plan, and there was certainly no concensus for you to hang your hat on, vid.

Your last is typical in that it fails the correctness test.

There is no one in this entire country being denied healthcare.

BTW-how does one "just about have" healthcare?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14

As I recall, there was some discord over the effect of Bush's plan, and there was certainly no concensus for you to hang your hat on, vid.

Just able to afford the premiums (if their company provides health insurance) but one major health problem away from bankruptcy
    And this is why there will NEVER be a republican government solving the problem..... "problem....what problem?"

Go on spout the "they choose not to have health insurance line"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

He didn't say anyone was being denied healthcare. Wtf?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16

Do you read this stuff at all, at all.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Saying a person does not have healthcare versus a person being denied healthcare are two different things.

Are you that far gone that you haven't the slightest as to what vid is talking about?

The context of a sentence helps.

Does he have to say "a certain level of healthcare"?
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-11-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Yes it should have said healthcare insurance but you are being a tad pedantic on that, it has to be impossible for a politically minded person such as yourself to not know what the point was given the whole context.
    I confess it was a masterfull use of a mistype to deflect from the actual point.

republicans have no plan to solve the healthcare crises

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Saying a person does not have healthcare versus a person being denied healthcare are two different things.

Are you that far gone that you haven't the slightest as to what vid is talking about?

The context of a sentence helps.

Does he have to say "a certain level of healthcare"?
    Have you become so conditioned by the media to accept such sloppy use of language you can't tell the difference?

Would you put your pants on backward and expect no one to notice?

Do you shave only the left side of your face?

Denied means you don't get any.

It's like, if someone offers you a beer, and you say, "no, thanks" you still expect a beer?

You make an excuse that this kind of shit is acceptable?

And you call me a sheep?

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    republicans have no plan to solve the healthcare crises
    Correct.

Please remember I said that, so you can remind Busyman when the need arises.

He confides that you are his exclusive source for everything he doesn't shop for.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast