Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex-FEMA head blames bosses...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    He complains Chertoff (and thereby Bush) are the reasons for the Katrina's outrageous toll.

His credibility rises with every syllable...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184446,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think it's very believable some of the things Brownie has put up for his defense, I had to say i think he was right about if the levees had been blown up by a terrorist bomb he would have had more help "before he asked" however it still does not detract from his personal failures.

The problems started before Brown took his appointment and the preverbial crap and fan came when the wind struck. Brownie wasn't up for the task but he was just one out of many incompetents from bottom to top.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I think it's very believable some of the things Brownie has put up for his defense, I had to say i think he was right about if the levees had been blown up by a terrorist bomb he would have had more help "before he asked" however it still does not detract from his personal failures.

The problems started before Brown took his appointment and the preverbial crap and fan came when the wind struck. Brownie wasn't up for the task but he was just one out of many incompetents from bottom to top.
    Agreed, and while Bush shares in the blame, I'm waiting to see if the media tries to rehabilitate Brown so as to have him to thrash Bush.

Just a point of interest to backstop my mistrust of the media, you understand.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    ya, they are all to blaim. I wouldn't be supprised if everything he said was true. of course he is forgeting the part about his faillings. "I have admitted mistakes. What more do you want me to do?" sometimes better late than never doesn't really ring true. he is deffinitly a scapegoat, he doesn't deserve to be blaimed with all the fuckups, just his fuckups. Bush and co. need to be blaimed with their fuckups as well however.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    ya, they are all to blaim. I wouldn't be supprised if everything he said was true. of course he is forgeting the part about his faillings. "I have admitted mistakes. What more do you want me to do?" sometimes better late than never doesn't really ring true. he is deffinitly a scapegoat, he doesn't deserve to be blaimed with all the fuckups, just his fuckups. Bush and co. need to be blaimed with their fuckups as well however.
    It is a question, then, of who does the blaming?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

If it is proved that he lied (I am pretty sure) then the courts. look what happened with Clinton over a blowjob from a fat intern. A thousand dead people should be a little more serious.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .

If it is proved that he lied (I am pretty sure) then the courts. look what happened with Clinton over a blowjob from a fat intern. A thousand dead people should be a little more serious.
    For Republicans this will only become more important when one of the dead actually complains.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I believe the guy. Chertoff seems like an elitist. The media (news) is weak. If the news legends of yesteryear were to meet the reporters of today when both were in their prime. The likes of Murrow, Huntley, Brinkley, Cronkite etc. would bitch slap (or more pc: ostracize & even laugh at) these new so-caled reporters.
    And the #1 thing about the pansy media of today that bothers me about the under-reporting of Katrina. Is accepting the death toll. The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    . The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.
    Oh, I don't think even such a supremely corrupt administration as we have could cover such a discrepancy.

Of course, maybe that's why they're using the NSA spy-thingie; they're trying to run down all the relatives and kill them, too, like the mob or Saddam did, huh?

With our weak media, it's a cinch no one wouldeven notice...

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    . The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.
    Oh, I don't think even such a supremely corrupt administration as we have could cover such a discrepancy.

Of course, maybe that's why they're using the NSA spy-thingie; they're trying to run down all the relatives and kill them, too, like the mob or Saddam did, huh?

With our weak media, it's a cinch no one wouldeven notice...
    ya, i'm going to have to agree, a tenfold disparity is a little hard to hide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast