Thread: Someone is trying to scam me.

Poster

Unsure

I went out clubbing last night and partied way to hard. When I woke up this morning my head was killing me, it still is actually. I'm feeling sick and very dizzy at the moment too I just got an email from ebay offering me a second chance offer on a plasma screen TV that I bid on last week.

!!! ATTENTION !!! DO NOT CLICK THE 'RESPOND NOW BUTTON', CONTACT THE SELLER DIRECTLY AT: [email protected] IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE ITEM.!!!

Congratulations! You have received a Second Chance Offer on the item entitled: ---
    (blah blah blah) for your last bid price of GBP 200.00 Our seller: - [email protected] - made you this offer because the winner of the auction is unable to complete this transaction at this time. This transaction will be made through eBay and will be supervised and protected by the eBay Safe Harbor Team with the new Buyer Protection Program offered by eBay. Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description error.

!!!ATTENTION: IF YOU ACCEPT THIS SECOND CHANCE OFFER PLEASE CONTACT THE SELLER DIRECTLY AT: [email protected] , DO NOT CLICK THE 'RESPOND NOW BUTTON' !!!

Like a fool, I emailed the guy back. Then it clicked that he was a scammer

He sent me this email back,

Hi there,

I issued this Second Chance Offer because the winning bidder was unable to complete
    the transaction.If you want to buy it just let me know, because the transaction is
    handled by eBay.All you have to do is to send me your full name and address, ebay user
    name,item number so we can start a secure transaction through eBay.They will contact you
    about the payment and shipping details.(you will buy this item now at your bid price including the shipping).

I contacted the original seller and they told me that they have already sold the TV and it went for 1007 GBP. I checked out the scammers feedback and it's all 100% positive so the scammer must have been using someone elses account to contact me or something. The scamer is from the US and the TV is being sold here in the UK.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Could always tell eBay about it. They might be interested.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    Could always tell eBay about it. They might be interested.

I'd report them to ebay for not doing it properly

As if people aren't paranoid enough of buying things of ebay

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I'd report them to the grammar police.
    It's hot in Topeka.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I got one of them once. I bid £600 on a plasma just to see. They sent me a second chance offer after one plasma went for £1200. They wanted me to send the money to Spain , and said they had more. Yeah right....Some newer members might get caught though.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I'd report them to the grammar police.
    He's in plymouth this weekend