Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: All Users: Please Enable Encryption!

Woozle's Avatar Non-Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep23
    How do you know if your a shaped user?
    If you have to ask, then you haven't been affected. You'll have little/no bt speed if your isp has implemented network shaping.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by bhatti00
    encryption would slow down your upload/download not speed it up!
    dont blabber around without reading up the stuff, encryption has been around for months now, its a proven fact that it overcomes traffic shaping/throtlling!

BitComet was the first[correct me if I'm wrong], but left other clients out, so now uTorrent and Azu have a something going together so they came with their own encryption stuff! now its BC's time to get a treatment of its own!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep23
    How do you know if your a shaped user?
    You're download speeds will be significantly lower.
    If your not sure if your isp is packet shapping, then they probably are not.
    It's an overt thing, you'll notice.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    I tried to do this
    I am using Azureus, ANd followed the instructions exactly, except that there is nothing under connections to click related to encription
    Before you ask, I tried it in basic, intermediate, and advanced modes

What should I do now?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    I'm not sure about other BT clients but version 1.5 of uTorrent will allow encrypted and legacy connections.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    @sparky004, If you are using Azureus, uTorrent or BitComet, you have encryption support (all three are compatable with each other)... I think those three clients are it too..

@Tempestv: You sure u are using the latest version? I havnt used Azureus in a long time but the option should be there.. no hidden too.. perhaps is only in the latest beta builds?
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    4096/1024kbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    I tried to do this
    I am using Azureus, ANd followed the instructions exactly, except that there is nothing under connections to click related to encription
    Before you ask, I tried it in basic, intermediate, and advanced modes

What should I do now?
    Do the following to enable encryption in Azureus 2.4.0.0 (and above)...

To enable the encryption you have to switch to intermediate user mode and go to Tools -> Options -> Connection -> Transport Encryption and enable the Require encrypted transport checkbox.
    If you really can't find it there...
    Then you are not running Azureus 2.4.0.0
    I've just tested this myself.

By the way, there is a bug in Azureus 2.4.0.0, thats causing LOTS of hash fails for users with an encryption-compatible client (ie. other Azureus 2.4.0.0, µTorrent 1.5 and BitComet 0.63 users)
    However, this bug has been fixed in Azureus version 2.4.0.1 (which is currently in beta/cvs I think)
    It is rather important that all Azureus users update their clients again, so I hope the new fixed stable release will follow soon.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    no speed loss here from encryption. can still max my line with good seeders.

im set for encypted and non, we must support our brothers who are throttled.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    encryption neither helped nor hindered my speed but i am certainly happy to help the throotled masses ...

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    The All-Seeing
    no speed loss for me either (µTorrent) and also willing to help my fellow throttled friends
    Last edited by darkforce; 03-19-2006 at 05:05 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast