Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It just occurred to me...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...that FISA was instituted in 1978 (at the instigation of Democrats), at a time when no one in the whole wide-world had a cell-phone, much less a cordless.

Was FISA ever re-fitted to reflect this?

Nope.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Why not, I mean republicans have been in power for a while and it wasn't even changed after 911.

But then a phone is a phone no matter if it is attached to a wall.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Why not, I mean republicans have been in power for a while and it wasn't even changed after 911.

But then a phone is a phone no matter if it is attached to a wall.
    Who said anything about Republicans?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I did

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I did
    I look forward to the day when you complain about liberals.

Given that, I grant your point, as you must grant mine.

Neither party is enamored of the idea that the executive may be curtailed (for their own purposes), but at the moment, it is the Dems who are crying about abuse, and a President who is "ignoring" a creation of theirs.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I did

Neither party is enamored of the idea that the executive may be curtailed (for their own purposes), but at the moment, it is the Dems who are crying about abuse, and a President who is "ignoring" a creation of theirs.
    The crys of foul on this are bi partisan. How could I complain about a "liberal" if they have no ability to bring up anything I may disagree with at the moment?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

The crys of foul on this are bi partisan. How could I complain about a "liberal" if they have no ability to bring up anything I may disagree with at the moment?
    Okay.

Google Nancy Pelosi's comments about Cheney's hunting incident and tell me that you have no problem with her rhetoric...

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

Okay.

Google Nancy Pelosi's comments about Cheney's hunting incident and tell me that you have no problem with her rhetoric...
    This ?

“Open government demands that the vice president come clean with what happened ... There’s probably a very simple answer to it, but we have to break this habit of the administration, of closed government without the openness that is healthy to a democracy.”

I've read and heard a lot of theories but haven't taken anything seriously about the whole elmer thud thing
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-17-2006 at 01:02 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9

Okay.

This ?

“Open government demands that the vice president come clean with what happened ... There’s probably a very simple answer to it, but we have to break this habit of the administration, of closed government without the openness that is healthy to a democracy.”

I've read and heard a lot of theories but haven't taken anmything seriously about the whole elmer thud thing
    It didn't occur to me what I heard was from video; don't know where you'd go to find it-I saw some on MSNBC and some on FOX.

She drew some pretty absurd parallels and connections between Cheney's deal and other perceived shortcomings, like, oh....Iraq, Iran, WMD, NSA wiretaps, Halliburton, immigration, the budget...that type of thing.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10

She drew some pretty absurd parallels and connections between Cheney's deal and other perceived shortcomings, like, oh....Iraq, Iran, WMD, NSA wiretaps, Halliburton, immigration, the budget...that type of thing.
    When did rove and melhman start writing her scripts

However you will have to be a bit more detailed if you want a serious comment
    I shall look again but it's a bit elusive at the moment.

on absurd parallels and changing subject what is your take on the "liberal medias" and right wings talking point that bin laden sound exactly like the democrats (trying to hint that democrats support bin laden)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast