Thread: What is downloading?

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    the last few days, my network speed monitor has been telling me I am downloading between 5 and 50 kb/s (usually 5-12, although it spikes) when everything I can think of that connects to the internet is shut down. I have seen uploads at the same time running up to 5kb/s although it is usually 0kb/s I downloaded a couple internet monitors to try and figure out the problem, and while they were downloading, the firefox download window was reading aprox. 200 kb/s, while the monitor was reading 360kb/s, so it seems that when I am active on the connection, the total unidentifyed use goes up (it doesn't just go to 207 when my download is at 200). any idea what is going on? I need to reload windows anyways, but I want to figure out what the problem is in case I see it again. i looked through my process list, and killed every thing that looked suspicious, and still made no inpact on download speed.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Have you tried running something like NetLimiter which shows you each separate process and speed seperatly...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-16-2006 at 08:15 AM.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    that was they type of program I was looking for, thanks for the tip. I down loaded that, it doesn't record the continious use. not sure what that's all about. any chance the other connection monitor I am running is somehow drawing? screw it, I'm reloading, if the same problem shows up after reloading, I will post it up here again.