Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compress 1gb to 600 mb video

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    How did you figure that it's a 1gb movie when the file is close to 1.5gb?

And why is it 1,540,254 and 1,452,234 the next moment?

You've lost me completely here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    the 1,540,254 was just a example of one of the movies

anyways the movies are right around 1gb in kbs they are at 1,203,234 and i need to get that in a 700mb cd what do i need to do?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    You can try autogk (or virtual dub) as it lets you select 1 cd (700mb ) as your ouput. You might however need some help with settings as there is a good chance you will get audio out of sync.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    yeah but i did a program before that did that and it broke the movie up in too 2 and didnt work after

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    A Vob file is basically an Mpeg file but in a stream format that will not be recognized as a regular Mpeg. I have had some success opening Vob's with Virtual Dub or Virtual Dub Mod (both freeware) and from there you can choose to recompress them in different ways both the audio and the video. Choose a high compression for the video and a low bitrate for the audio to get the smallest file. DivX 6 is out and any Mpeg 4 compression should give you a good trade off on quality vs size (at least in the avi format).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tryed Vdub doesnt work for it says file name cant be regonized or how its spelled something about it being a MPEG2 stream. Anyways why isnt there just a program that would just decompress it. People have been threwing terms at me on messageboards about sound streams and video size i dont know anything about that stuff. Why isnt there a program that you can just compress it.

for you the files now read this

VTS_01_1.avi and its size is 1,048,348 kbs i changed the files from .vob to .avi
    Last edited by cashvillecrush; 02-18-2006 at 03:42 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Try the latest version of Virtual Dub Mod, its a modified version of Virtual Dub that can handle things that VDub can't. If your getting name errors try renaming the file with out the _ markers which are just there to tell applications that there should be a space there with out actually leaving any spaces in the file name. Name it X.vob and see what happens, I like to make an extra copy of a file I'm going to play with and put it somewhere easy to find so I leave the original file intact and named correctly incase I forget what it was called.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cashvillecrush
    yeah but none of the programs people have givin me work to get the 1gb movie down enough to a 700mb to burn a cd why cant winrar just take the movie and compress it more than just 200mbs less
    Did you ever actually try DrDivX as you could make it even smaller if you wanted to. I suggested it since its about the easiest program to use as you just select the file and size you want basically...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by cashvillecrush
    yeah but none of the programs people have givin me work to get the 1gb movie down enough to a 700mb to burn a cd why cant winrar just take the movie and compress it more than just 200mbs less
    Did you ever actually try DrDivX as you could make it even smaller if you wanted to. I suggested it since its about the easiest program to use as you just select the file and size you want basically...
    trying to use it but it keeps crashing and giving me errors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12