Thread: copying files to dvd?

Unsure

Hi i have downloaded a few torrent movies but can't seem to copy to a dvd disk? can you help? is there a program i need to download for this and do you know any thats free? thank you

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What format are the movies in? Avi, Vob files etc.. If you downloaded a movie thats already in the Vob file format you can't just copy them to Dvd and expect them to play on a set top player, you have to use something like DvdShrink (freeware google it) to set them up for Dvd copy or ISO creation. If there in Mpeg or Avi format they need to be converted with something like Virtual Dub or Virtual Dub Mod into files that then can be made for Dvd with TMPGEnc. Or Avi2Dvd to convert Avi directly to ISO or Vob files for DvdShrink to convert.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

Unsure

Hi how do i know which movie files i should download so i can copy to dvd as i have dvd shrink and have tried using it with 3 movie downloads but it keeps saying 'dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.Invalid filename.'? i even tried nero.Also tried downloading virtual dob but got lost as i have no idea how to use it?please help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by d-one
    Hi how do i know which movie files i should download so i can copy to dvd as i have dvd shrink and have tried using it with 3 movie downloads but it keeps saying 'dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.Invalid filename.'? i even tried nero.Also tried downloading virtual dob but got lost as i have no idea how to use it?please help
    I'm guessing that the name of the file you've got ends with .IMG, rename it so that it ends with .ISO.

ps, when asking for help, put in as much info as possible as it makes it easier for us to help you, like file size, name etc.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nearly any file can be made to go to Dvd with some work but I still need to know what kind of files you have to give you some direction. DvdShrink wants to see a VIDEO_TS folder if the files are on your hard disk as Vob's and Ifo's and you point to them with the Open Files tab at the top. If the movies are in an Iso or Img format (Disk image) you will need to mount them in something like Daemon tools to emulate a Dvd disk and use the Open Disk tab to point to the Virtual Drive. Daemon tools may seem not to be able to open an Img file but if you choose "all files" in the file type drop down it will open an Img file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    erm. Alcohol 120 FTW