Thread: How Can I Increase My Internet Speed???

pimply's Avatar $nipa
    i have adsl, my isp provider is bellsouth www.bellsouth.net anywayz, i want to increase my internet connection to at least 1 meg, how do i do that? what do i download? what site? how? where? plz help, thx

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Your ISP sets your max up and download speeds and all you can do is to optimize them. SBC has several plans for DSL that start from 15 bucks and up, for 15 bucks you get around 300 kb/s max download speed then there is a 26 dollar a month service and so on. Cable connections can go higher than DSL so if you already have cable TV you might consider changing when your contract is up.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    pimply's Avatar $nipa
    any other options?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    trying to increase your net speed with proggies is like trying to increase the size of your wang with a penis pump .. it dosent work..

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    If you search the net you will probably hear of internet accelorators.. Dont bother with them. Most of them dont do shit and just fill your computer with spyware.. The rest just proxy all your data through their personal servers so have a privacy risk. Other just increase your HTTP speeds by compressing all your html files so you download less. Of course, your downloads arent any faster since those arent compressed. You cannot really boost your internet connection unless you like upgrade or something. You can however, make some internet small tweaks on your computer but dont exspect a huge boost.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by pimply
    any other options?
    Type faster?