Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea V Barcelona

I can't wait for this match, this is the most hyped i've ever been before a match just because of how good the two matches were last year. Being a Chelsea fan i want Chelsea to win but being honest it could go either way.

Essien is suspended, Gallas *might* be out. Duff is still lacking match fitness

Chelsea should line up like this

------------Cech
    Gallas-Terry-Carvalho-Del Horno
    ----------Mackelele
    ----Gudjohnsen----Lampard
    Cole----------------------Robben
    ------------Crespo

He could play either Drogba or Crespo, Drogba gives more to the team but in this match we need someone who's gonna put it in the net, not row Z.

Barce say Messi should be fit but he hasn't played recently due to injury. Deco should be back as well. Xavi still out and won't make either leg.

I'm going to go with a 1-1 draw at the Bridge and a 3-2 win at the Nou Camp. Playing away second gives Chelsea an advantage because if the first leg ends 0-0 and the second leg ends 0-0 after 90minutes if Chelsea score in extra time it counts as an away goal so Barce would have to score two.

Your views?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    I think Drogba will be on the front. He is better at headers and i think more efficient at scoring with Chelsea than Crespo.

Personally i support Barce and i am an Arsenal fun so i have to reasons not to want Chelsea to win!
    But lets be honest here.
    Both teams are in a good shape! But the probabilities are not equal between the two teams. Chelsea seems to be in a better posiont to win this match since they play in England. The chance of win i think is 58%-42%
    Since the same match took place last year as well its pretty obvious that Barce will "seek revenge".
    I expect a tough game between these teams. Players from both teams will be a bit stressed, so expect mistakes from both.
    Now as for the score i can't make any assumptions.
    The most dangerous players Chelsea has against Barce would be Robben and Frank Lampard as well as Joe Cole
    Barce against Chelsea would be Ronaldiho Leo Messi and Deco.
    I'm looking forward for this game too.
    Do you guys know if Eto'o will play after all?

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    chelsea are gonna win, because we have been cheating and watering down the pitch to stop braca's free flowing style. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4738784.stm

I noticed barcalona never called us boring and dont score after last year's match when we scored 4.

2 - 0 to chelsea

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Gluepot

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Crespo is a far better striker, however he doesn't fit in with our system. Crespo is such a smart player who makes great runs, flicks and finishes. Drogba however wins nearly every ball and gets the best out of Robben/Cole/Duff/Lampard/Gudjohnsen.

Yes Eto'o will be playing.

I don't have Sky TV and i'm ill so cannot watch it at the pub so i'm going to get a mate to tape it for me and pop it over tomorrow so as soon as the game starts i'm not checking any football websites or this thread.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    dudevenezuela's Avatar VIP
    1hour and 20 minutes to go

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Its the day before payday and i dont have sky so im off down the pub to drink a pint really slowly and join in the chants.

celary celary if she dont .............

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Crespo is starting and Barca are without injured winger Ludovic Giuly.

Team news:

Chelsea make nine changes from the side that started in the FA Cup against Colchester. Hernan Crespo gets the nod up front ahead of Didier Drogba.

Barcelona hand a start to young Argentine star Lionel Messi, but they are without injured winger Ludovic Giuly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Team
    C Cudicini, G Johnson, R Huth, A Ricardo Carvalho, R Paulo Ferreira, L Diarra , S Wright-Phillips, M Essien, N Maniche, D Duff , D Drogba
    Well Carvalho & Ferreira must be the two players who start.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 02-22-2006 at 07:18 PM.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Just 45 minutes before the game! Boy i'm nervous!
    A battle of Titans!!
    I hope that it won't end up like the last year event. 3 goals in a row in like 7-10 at an early stage of the game!
    So Crespo will lead the attacking line huh...
    I wonder what Jose Mourinho has come up with! I hate him as a person but i bow before him as a coach!
    Last edited by Delorean; 02-22-2006 at 07:25 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Peerzy can you not watch it via the streaming thing?

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast